RCR GT40 Cinderella in France

Markus, Paul, Randy,
Thank's a lot for those precisions. I found in my stock of parts the black bushings. For me those part were part of an engine mount, now I know !
It seems less pratical to use the bobblin instead the rotation on a shaft, but I suppose this was faster to access to the front parts, during a race in the pit stop.
So ``your" front clam is mounted to rotate on a shaft? As you say, that's probably better for everyday use (no need for disconnecting wires and hoses, little space needed in front of the car to open). The bobbin setup is quicker when you need to swap the entire nose in case of damage or to get full access to the front. I have the latter system and, while I've removed the front shell by myself, it's a much easier job for 2 people.
Regarding the ``cylinder" in the 2nd picture: you'll have to remove the filler unit anyway to check that the venting system is set up properly with a valve in case of a rollover. If your tanks are not connected (as in my case) there should be another venting system on the other side? I went through all this because I had a fuel leak in the filler system (leaving puddles at the gas station). Fortunately, my car came with fuel cells (air-craft style bladder system). So no need for action there.
Happy building!

Walter, the front clam is mounted on a shaft, (2nd photo) that is easier to move when I am alone, meaning allways !
I found the two bushing to guide the "bobbling opening" and made a photo of one in place (1st photo)
Regarding the part near the gas tank filler,, I removed the two screws on side and it is use to vent the gas tank.
Thank you all of you for those advices.

20240501_163338.jpg
20240501_163416.jpg

Back