SUPERFORMANCE GT40 Owners Manual

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hi Blas,

Here are the details on the rear clam gas shocks that are fitted to my SPF MK1 when it was delivered to me:

Gabriel Gaslift
Maximum Pressure 10 Mpa
4046-051115 350 NM
*Warning* High Gas Pressure

I am not sure if these were supplied by Superformance from the factory or supplied by the the company who fitted the engine and transmission etc.

They were originally white in colour.
I don't have any gas shocks fitted to the front clam.

I hope this helps and thank you for going to the effort of putting this manual together, it's something that is definitely required.

Rob.
The factory does not fit ant gas lifts. The most common setup is from Olthoff Racing.

Hi Blas,

Regarding lighting upgrade, just last week I upgraded from the SPF supplied bulbs to LED. I am told the bulbs are out of a Yamaha motorcycle. It took them about 10 to 15 minutes to do, and they appear at least 50 percent brighter. They are the R2 model
IMG_0940.jpeg

Rob Klein

Supporter
These are the LED bulbs I used in my last car

Interesting. I did some experimenting with my Lucas Flamethrower Driving lights a while back. Found that swapping out the original incandescent bulb with a different style bulb lost the pencil beam focused light beam and made it operate more like a flood lamp. Very difficult on oncoming cars. I think the original bulb had a 360 pin point of light a calculated distance from the focal point of the silvered reflector. The new bulbs I tried did not have a 360 degree light pinpoint, and the light source was not the same distance from the reflector… hence the “BRIGHT” floodlight. I shimmed the bulb to get the light source in the sweet spot of the reflector and rotated the bulb to get the best light pattern more like the original pencil beam. Have you tried looking at you headlights at night from a distance? Have one original bulb and one newer style bulb in place. Bright is great, glare blinding was not.
Just a suggestion….
Thanks. Blas

Should be added . Technical service bulletins if any ( Mk3 cobra does ) , maintenance by mileage checklist for chassis, steering, and suspension. Life expectancy of chassis wear items. This is a high maintenance car and people should be fully informed.

Back