For sale - the KVA that started it all

I've just received the H&H Auction catalogue for their next auction at Buxton on 7 April. Ken Atwell's first KVA, from 1982, is up for sale. This is the car that featured in road tests and advertisements through the 80s. It was the car that first inspired me to look at the possibility of a GT40 replica (before the wife and kids came along).

The downside is that it's got a four cylinder Ford motor and it will be the early chassis, etc. But with a guide price of just £8k-£10k, it could still be the basis for a nice (and historic?) replica.

First KVA for sale

H & H main website

11722.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Strange coincidence, but I saw this at East Meon Hut petrol station yesterday.

The owner is well pleased and intends to put a smallblock v8 in it. I suppose that this might be a shame if it is a historic car.

One small point of interest is that the speedo and rev counter are in opposite positions in the dash.

I think it has gone to a loving home!

Rick

The guy selling it held on to a 289 HiPo which was with the car for a while. It must be the right way to go, but the question is whether this very early KVA chassis up to the job without major modification?

Cheers

Rob

There isn't necessarily any shame in modifying the car if he keeps the original engine and the car can be "restored" to original condition if needs be. I know I'd rather have a V8 in my GT :)

It went for less than £10k at H&H. Not sure what work's been done since (or how many genuine GT40 parts it's made from), but it's now yours for £17k.

4 pot KVA

Cheers

Rob

Back