View Single Post
Old 6th January 2005, 07:35 AM  
CraigW
7 Tenths
United States

Re: Brake options for Corvette C4 85-87 Hubs

Thanks Darrell, some great info there. I think I might owe you a beer or two. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Checked out DBA 330mm rotors but were pretty expensive from memory(AU$300+). I've heard of RDA, but didn't think they would be much cheaper and wouldn't dream they would be curved vein. Wow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Searched the net looking for larger rotors that might fit the rear drum handbrake. No luck. And I thought that it was just going to be too hard. I'll look into BMW ones as they are cheap as. Not too worried about adapting something for handbrake.

This sort of engineering is beyond me, but have a good Cobra guy here with great engineering skills and plenty of experience with custom brake conversions.

Not sure how much you know about Skyline stuff, so I'll put down what I know and maybe it will be useful. Used R32 Skyline GTR rotors & calipers on last Cobra kit(track car). It even runs the factory Nissan directional curved vein drilled rotors. Just be careful as there is different types of calipers, even within R32 family. R32 GTST/GTS-4 run 280mm rotors and are thinner, 28mm from memory. GTST/GTS-4 front calipers have shallow ribs over them, so easy to spot. R32 GTR have 296mm x 32mm rotors, these calipers have a smooth finish(no ribs) and can fit over 320mm rotors. You will just need to make some shims up for behind the pads for thinner BMW 22mm rotors. Guys have grooved GTST calpers though to fit up to 330mm rotors. R33 calipers are same as R32 GTR calipers. Also from memory the DBA webite is confusing in it's rotor sizes for Skylines.
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote