New Ford GT engines for sale

I just received an e-mail from a (supposed) parts guy at a

Seattle based dealer(Millenium Ford)offering to sell me one

of four new Ford GT engines that are available nationwide.

The pricetag, you ask? A mere $35,593.32. Oh, I forgot to

add the $7500 core charge. At that price, I'll buy them all

and corner the market! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif If anybody wants one, let me know.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anybody else receive this "joke" in their mail today?

Wasn't there a GT engine on ebay a while back?

Bill

Hi Bill - snap!

<font color="blue">I have some food for thought that you may have not thought about.

The GT-40 you own as you know is only being produced for a short time which means parts availability will be an issue real soon, as a back up or investment depending on how you look at it, as of today 3-9-05 there is currently only four engine assembly is the whole Ford parts system. I am sure that they will not be available very long.

Would you like to purchase one? List price is $35593.32 plus core of $7500.00. These are new complete drop in motors. I would be happy to sale one to you at a discounted price. If you are interested please e-mail me back or call my direct number 206-431-7331. also I can work out some other prices for transmission, hood and fenders etc. just so you have what others are going to wish they had if a very short time. Replacement parts!!!

Thank you,

Edward Olson
Parts Manager
Millennium Ford
</font>
Yeah - right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually - reminds me of an old song I used to hear - "I took one piece at a time,,, and it did'nt cost me a dime...." - but who sang it? JC?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I did call this guy....just curious. They supposedly have four of them, who knows....there really is a Millenium Ford and he does answer the phone in parts. He decided to mail to the top posters on the forum. Personally I think it's a dry hole. Always good to see the entrepreneurial spirit, I suppose...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Any Ford dealer can order a GT engine...that there are "only four of them in the system" at present does not mean there won't be more available. Ford has committed to a 15 year parts availability for the GT. I sat in on a video meeting where they outlined this fact and committed to having frame/tubs avilable for repairs of big shunts.

Any of the parts are available via any FoMoCo dealer. I have already sold wheel centers and the infamous "for sustained speeds over 150 MPH.." decal to a friend.

BTW, the engines are complete with dry sump and supercharger, basically the way Wixom receives them for installation.

Also the production has restarted, the new forged control arms are in, the cars already delivered are being upfitted and Saleen has re-started the paint and chassis assembly operation (after firing a bunch of management, he claims it has nothing to do with the GT...) Ford says they will be running at the forecast 9 cars per day.
Rick

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Rick,

[ QUOTE ]
.......and the infamous "for sustained speeds over 150 MPH.." decal

[/ QUOTE ]

Anymore of these available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick(MKIV), I've been thinking about those wheel centre's ever since I saw them on a local GT at Motor Show. Just don't know the dimensions and how well they would fit my new wheels.

Never even thought about the 150MPH sticker, now that's a cool idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back