Mclaren F1 *replica*

Whilst at a classic car auction yesterday, I saw this 'one off'. The details explained how the owner/creator had spent 'in excess of a 6 figure sum, developing this replica before being forced into liquidation'... poor guy....

It used a rover/honda base & was actually driven into the lot & sold for 1300 ukp !!!

Attachments

• 56667-25-4-05009.jpg
    56667-25-4-05009.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32,274
Hi all

Looks as though this started out with a MK111 KVA body but boy did they get this wrong.

Chris.

Re: Mclaren F*d up *replica*

Now that I've surpressed the gag reflex, let me just say that it's lucky he "ran out of money". Can't imagine more money would make this any prettier.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
My mother taught me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. But I was always in trouble because I didn't listen to my mum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifIt is bloody awful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Here is something to make you feel better

Attachments

• 56733-Copy(2)of19949-LM66FORDGTMKIISIDENO196-4.jpg
    56733-Copy(2)of19949-LM66FORDGTMKIISIDENO196-4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,015
[ QUOTE ]
Julian
please tell me you are not the new owner!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! you are indeed spot on Dave, I am certainly *not* the new owner!! There was an eerie silence when it went in the bidding ring, but hey, it must have made someone happy!!

Despite the somewhat 'awkward' styling (cough) The fiberglass was pretty good quality......

(That's the most positive comment I could make about it!!!)

Still Ugly

Yep, that's the same hideous POS we've seen before on this forum. The Sniff Petrol site is hilarious. I especially love the comments on the new porsche cayman (I use all lowercase letters for porsche since I have lost all respect for them as sportscar and racecar builders since the cayenne). Here's an exerpt that I really love:

"For too long we have ignored customers who want a porsche that almost looks like a 911, that's almost as fast as a 911, and costs almost as much as a 911, but that isn't a 911"

Haaaaaa! Too funny, yet sad and true simultaneously.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
"For too long we have ignored customers who want a porsche that almost looks like a 911, that's almost as fast as a 911, and costs almost as much as a 911, but that isn't a 911"

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitch,
Not to mention they don't handle to good either......

Attachments

• 59000-porschegt.jpg
    59000-porschegt.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,578

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
I have been in the kitcar industry for 25 years this year and have seen lots of this sort of thing.

At lots of shows and exhibitions we have exhibited at there have been mock ups and prototypes on display that have had no chance of being a commercial success.

This guy has probably lost everything trying to build his dream. I can appreciate exactly whats gone into a project like this.

Its easy to sit there on your keyboard and rubbish some one elses efforts and say thats ugly or no good.

I say BIG RESPECT!

Andy

Back