FAV FILES

Does anyone know what happened to the files and records from FAV when they closed down? I know that Ronnie Spain's book has copies of one-page "build sheets" on each original GT40, but am wondering where all the original documents went to. Probably the dumpster, I know. Boy, what a treasure trove of info they might be if located.

John Horsman has the original build sheets. I have copies of them all as does Ronnie Spain and a few others. Surprisingly, there wasn't that much information recorded about each car.

GT40 Graham, I may have already asked; do you have any data about my GT40; AM GT40/1? We are currently restoring the racecar to 1966 LeMans patina. Any 1966 build info, racing stats, team items, pictures, race pit items or ??? are all of interest to me. Who built the special componets of this Alan Mann prototype, are also of direct interest to me. I know it was assembled at the Alan Mann race shop. Other than this fact we have some other conflicting stories with this GT40. This GT40 has a very limited race history, I need to obtain any data that I can. I have also spoke directly with Alan Mann and 3 of the fabricators of this GT40. Thanks, Rex

Hi Rex.

Don't have much info I'm afraid. As you've already spoken to Alan, I'm surprised that he couldn't help.

E-mail me as a reminder and I'll do some more digging.

Back