Problem in Conneticutt...possibly

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys, just enquiring if there is anyone near Simsbury CT 06070 that would be able to check out a supplier for me?

Regards,

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Russ, life is extremely hectic right now but send over the info and I will do my best to help. I am in NY and don't know how far away Simsbury is.

Garret

Lifetime Supporter
problem in CT

I live in Farmington about 15 minutes from Simsbury.Let me know if
I can help.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks to all you guys who have offered help. The response here and in PM's has been overwhelming. Many have offered to go miles out of their way to help, and this is very much appreciated. So far it looks as though Garret could be a handy 'Johnny on the Spot'

Garret, Thanks, I see this is your first post since joining a couple of years ago. Welcome to the forum, as you have probably already seen we have a great bunch of guys here! I will send you a PM.

Regards

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well guys, 6 months later it appears everything's come sweet. The shipment from Connecticut appears to have finally arrived at the depot I am using in California. Had written off all hope of ever seeing it, or our money again, after the vendor changed address but didn't notify new one and appeared to keep on stalling with regard to freighting it. Learnt a lot of valuable lessons with this transaction. Hopefully at minimal cost!

Must have exchanged at least seventy emails! Item was a G50/52 purchased from a Pelican Parts member so not an inconsequential amount. It will be making the sea journey to NZ next month so should finally get to clap eyes on it late Jan or Feb. Hope it's all he says it is!

Thanks again to everyone who helped or offered help. Very much appreciated.

Will do a final update when I get the trans.

Cheers

hi russ, now what company are you having a promblems with,is it era in bristol,ct. because i live about 50 miles away from there.. I'm buliding a lamborghini right now but when that is gone I'm going to bulid a gt40 but I dont know much about them, maybe I can help you and you can help me out ...I wanted to go there and check it out anyway's, maybe I can get some picture for you..and see what's going on over here...LET ME KNOW IF THAT THE PLACE. bill

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

Thanks for the offer. It was a private individual I was dealing with. I think the problem's sorted now. I think the problem was more to do with the freight companies and the fact that he was away from home for weeks on end.

I'm happy to offer any advice or assistance that I can when you come to build your GT40, although there will be others much more qualified than I am on this forum.

Cheers

Cheers

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well, the final wrap up on this long saga.

The trans arrived in my workshop today and is as described, a G50/52 with LSD.:pepper:

At one stage we were convinced we had been shafted and had given up hope of ever seeing this trans but it's all come good in the end.

Thanks to all the guys that offered help.

Cheers

Back