016 slave cylinder??

Hi all -

Can anyone tell me the pn and best source (pref UK) for a slave cylinder for an AUDI 016 transaxle ?

I had a search but didn't find details and AUDI UK say the box in question is from a German Car and they do not have 'pn.s for the German cars' - (hmmm - sounds like a lazy parts dept to me....!)

Any help much appreciated...

I just phoned the nonfranchise parts supplier that I use out here in SA, and he quotes R 395 (uk 28 pounds), but cannot quote a VW or Audi part number.

I told him it was for the early 90's Audi 500 5 cylinder.

The vw / audi agent says VWSA (and therefore germany) no longer list that part as available.

So not much help, unfortunately.

cheers

Fred W.B

Ron Earp

Admin

Attachments

• F103459.jpg
    F103459.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 563
Thanks all - as always, the forum's contributor's are the font of all things GT40...:)

I have also been contacted by the 'new RF' - who have kindly said they have some available - so I'm just awaiting a price....rockonsmile

Ron Earp

Admin
They look to be cheap Paul, $60 to $90. I'll be happy to order one and post it over to you, just let me know. My local shop can have them in 24 hours and it'd be about 4 days post.

Ron

Thanks again -

The cylinder is for an RF that is currently being assembled for 'a n other'...
(not by myself, but no doubt I'll be involved with any electrical issues)

I collected the rolling chassis a couple of weeks ago, complete with a mass of 'boxes of bits', new gbox, fresh 331 etc:)

Hi all -
Just thought I'd let you know I have been contacted by Paul of the 'New Roaring Forties' and a slave cylinder is on it's way.....

Paul was very helpful and is available for advice / other parts as required... :) Oh - and he likes Cosworths too so that makes him an 'all round good egg' in my eyes....

(Slight) Topic variation; What is the size of the threaded fitiing to attach the hydraulic line to the slave? Is this an Audi only part? Is there any type of adapter that converts the thread to AN or NPT?

Thanks,
Andy

(Slight) Topic variation; What is the size of the threaded fitiing to attach the hydraulic line to the slave? Is this an Audi only part? Is there any type of adapter that converts the thread to AN or NPT?

Thanks,
Andy

It is a 10m/m thread if I remember correctly. I couldn't find an adaptor to -4 so I made my own but I think someone here on the forum found them. There is a thread about it here somewhere. You might be able to find it with a search.

Yep

There's an earlier thread called 016 slave cylinder adapter....

In fact it was Andy who provided the answer to the question !!!!

Refering back to that thread....it's a Goodridge fitting that no one stocks.
I had to special order it through Pegasus....but any Goodridge dealer
can order it.

MikeD

Yep

There's an earlier thread called 016 slave cylinder adapter....

In fact it was Andy who provided the answer to the question !!!!

Refering back to that thread....it's a Goodridge fitting that no one stocks.
I had to special order it through Pegasus....but any Goodridge dealer
can order it.

MikeD

Well Mike, you've done it now and uncovered my er..........Yes, I had a senior moment, and COMPLETELY FORGOT that it was I that researched and found the answer to the adapter question. I've exposed my bare heinie in front of the entire forum.........

Memory enhancing herbs perhaps?

Andy

Bit late on this one,but ordered my box from my local audi dealer in newton abbot UK and they deliverred it from germany in 3 days, then the slave cylinder ordered and here in 3 days at cost of 55 uk pounds (currently $110 sorry must be time for a US holiday)
Also by chance living in totnes the first home of the afore mentioned hosing company it was easy to sourcea goodrich adaptor m10 to -4.
The other benifit has been flexible fuel,brake and clutch hosing through out the car .With the RF three tank set up -6 and -8 pipe was used respective to flow in different areas (assuming that -8 was only needed at extreeme fuel flow so used between the splash tank and engine only

If my memory is correct the problem I had when I was looking for this adaptor was that the thread pitch is different than most. I could find the 10m/m but the thread was wrong. It seems that the Japanese use different pitch than the European guys. The ones from Jeg's, Summit and Godman were the wrong pitch and so I made my own. Also, I think I had trouble finding a -4 size.

Back