Another SPF Mk II on the road

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
There's a GT40 in my garage!

I picked up my Mk II (2155) from Olthoff's a week ago last Saturday. Thanks to Mike Trusty and suppport from Jack Houpe, we trailered it back to Houston and it's now in my overcrowded garage. We just moved back from 5 years in Brunei, so there are boxes everywhere at the moment....

A new garage will be finished by end July, I hope....

I elected to supply the ZF from a Pantera that I had (after being 'flipped' and modified by Pantera Performance) and have an engine built by them also.

I always thought a Pantera was an attainable dream and I have had one since 1983. A GT40 was just a fantasy, but I have one of them now!

:)

I haven't had a chance to drive it much as work and other 'must do's' got in the way...

A brief test drive in NC (just to make things interesting, I ran out of gas...) was done and then we loaded it up and headed for Texas.

A few things to do yet... but all minor. I had to change the carburetor to get it to run right, but I did that last night and drove it briefly. Just to the gas station and back, but it's a blast! And the comments were all positive, even from people who asked... "uhhh.... what IS it?"

The carb will disappear soon and be replaced by an IR EFI system.
A little info on the engine (427ci) and ZF can be found at

Kirby's Toy

The dyno results are there in a link as well.

You can see some pictures that Mike took while we were at Olthoff's in North Carolina. Start at the bottom and work your way up for chronogical satisfaction... I haven't had time to put them all in order nicely.

Kirby's Toy

(yes, I know the title is the same, but the links are different. I'll fix that soon)

Things pending:
- Adapter to make speedometer read correctly
- Fuel gauge doesn't work for some reason
- Wiper doesn't work - something slipping
- IR EFI
- Side stripes
- 3M protective film on front
- registration

I know Dennis would have nailed those little things down, but I put the pressure on him by giving a fixed pick up date and he wasn't quite done yet... We're working on getting them sorted out now.

By the way.... did I mention there's a GT40 in my garage?
:pepper:

FWIW,
Kirby

Beautiful, Kirby. Great pix. I'm green with envy. My Titanium MKI has been sitting at Dennis' shop since before Christmas 2006 due to the ZF supply bottleneck. Now that my transaxle is finally being shipped Roush tells me that it will still be another month until my 353IR engine is shipped. In the interim I love reading the posts from you and Mike. Enjoy!!

Ron McCall

Supporter
Congrats Kirby!!! If you remember,we met at Pocono a few years back.We were both towing our Panteras with silver Lightnings!!! Now we both have GT40s!!!!

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats and welcome to the family, Kirby.

Damned if those cheeks don't hurt from all that non-stop smiling, huh? :)

Best,

T.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks everyone!

And yes, I remember Pocono and the silver Lightnings! :)

As of a few minutes ago, I fixed the fuel gauge problem! It now reads full when it's supposed to.

On to the next minor issue. I want to drive it to work if it'll just stop raining!

Kirby

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
You left out the best picture. The one of you and Jack getting back from your first ride. The smiles were bigger than life.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
This is one of the pictures that I was talking about. Now THAT'S a smile.

Attachments

• DSCF2558.jpg
    DSCF2558.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 576
Back