GT40 Mark I Replica project car for sale:

This is a running and drivable car that requires final body fitment and finish, and interior finish. A unique car built to be “true to original”. Was originally the GT Supercars prototype that fell into my possession (like a ton of bricks!). I got it running and made it drivable but no longer have the free time to bring it to completion (at least in the foreseeable future). The car is located in Columbus, OH and taking up space in my shop.

$20,000 firm

Gordon Kinney

Chassis:
Kustom Metal Werks/GT Supercars Semi Monocoque
Very true to original
Steel inner roof
Painted black

Body:
All body panels and pieces
Includes Mark I and Mark II front hatch
All hardware and latches
Windshield and rear window
Lexan side windows
All grilles
Mirrors

Suspension and Steering:
Complete suspension - Suspension links and arms are true to original
Koni 8212 dampers
Custom cast uprights
Corvette C4 hubs
Coleman Racing Products manual steering rack
Anti Roll bars
Flaming River Steering column
Momo steering wheel

Brake-Throttle-Clutch-Wheels:
Tilton brake/clutch pedal assembly with master cylinders
Baer Racing 13” brakes
Hydraulic clutch
Halibrand replica wheels with 3 eared spinners, (4) Corvette C4 pattern
Michelin Pilot tires
17”X10” Front
17”X12” Rear

Cooling system:
All plumbing complete and functional

Fuel System:
Left and right fuel tanks (15 Gallons total)
Sending units
Original style filler caps

Electrical System:
Painless Wiring harness including relays and fuses
Front headlight assembly (2)
Front fog light assembly (2)
Front turn signal assembly (2)
Rear tail light assembly (2)
Dashboard gauges including tach and speedometer
Windshield wiper and motor
Horns

Interior:
Kirkey Seats
Five point seat belts (2)
Air conditioning system complete with heat (not installed)
Dash vents with trunking

Drivetrain Components:
Ford 351 Windsor built by Fowler Engines
Ford Performance Parts Cylinder Heads
Crane Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
9.5:1 compression
Holley 650 CFM Carburetor
Custom “Bundle of Snakes” 180 degree coated headers
Getrag 5N 5 speed transaxle (Audi 5000 Turbo)
Locking differential

I'm Interested. Tried to email you not sure if it's working. Pics would definitely help. Here is my number if you have a chance to call. (585) 415-6701

--Mike

I've taken a deposit, so unless something changes, the car is sold.

Thanks for the interest!

Attachments

• Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 8,560

Devin

Supporter
Gordon,

Please let me know if your potential buyer doen't work out...I'm seriously interested in it and would love to take it off your hands.

Too bad I didn't see this earlier to be first in line...

Devin

pointed to the new seller the parking of the car produced 15.000 USD :) and the answer he gave me was this:

Hi,
Yup. What I paid is irrelevant. I knew the day I bought it, it was worth more. I had taken offers last year from members of the forum and others for $35,000.00 and turn them down because I was going to build the car. What the market will bare I guess ;). I have 3 offers above $35,000.00 now and 4 trades! I'm going to wait and see how it will turn out.

--Mike

Btw..if any of u my freinds want to park an unfinished car in my garage for one year I will be so happy to accept it, and will book an RCR basic kit immediately with the earning:D

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm presuming that this is Mike Duell that is selling this car. Why Mike has not advertised it directly here in the GT40's forum is beyond me. Certainly he seems to have gotten a good deal on it from the specs printed and pictures supplied - and he is correct in that what he paid for it is indeed irrelevant. He's not obligated to pass that deal along.

So Mike - I know you're reading this - Why are you now selling this car? From the specs it seems to have a lot going for it and would make a fine replica.
Go get your car from Quebec and finish it Mike...

yes confirmed...is Mike ;)

Maybe he tried ebay way cause can be easier to sell the car without "dumb" discussion as my one (ihihihi..cant resist..:D,)

I just hope he finish the car..with his too great skill will be a true dream.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Got an email from Mike.. Something happened to his posting privs here and he's trying to get that worked out now..

Mike said that the need to focus on his real estate business is the motivating factor in the sale.

He says that he likes this community and will still be a part of it when he can, but he's exceptionally busy these days..

eBay is where I would advertise my car if for sale simply because it reaches so many people.. I've bought and sold cars / motorcycles there and for the most part the experiences have been good..

Devin

Supporter
Yea it still stings me that I missed this chance to own a running GT-40 within my budget by mere hours...now its like pouring some salt into a old wound. I know how priorities change but think that a $15K profit from a 6 month "investment" is a bit too much for most of us here to bite on this one right now. Maybe he'll offer a more reasonable starting reserve after the auction ends tomorrow...

I would be surprised to see this car sell for $35,000+. Undoubtedly a nice kit with some very good work already done, however it looks like the add'l parts list to finish isn't minor and it would probably take a good chunk of time to bring to a finished state. I hope it finds a good home!

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Yea it still stings me that I missed this chance to own a running GT-40 within my budget by mere hours...now its like pouring some salt into a old wound. I know how priorities change but think that a $15K profit from a 6 month "investment" is a bit too much for most of us here to bite on this one right now. Maybe he'll offer a more reasonable starting reserve after the auction ends tomorrow...

It's only too much profit if he can't sell it for that price. My wife buys and sells antiques and you wouldn't believe how much money she makes on the stuff she buys from garage sales, etc. It's a different money scale to be certain, but just because she got a good bargain on something doesn't mean she should limit her profit to make everyone feel ok....same could be said for Mike. If he can get it, good for him.

I have not seen the car and am not sure of the quality of the Motorwerks chassis. That said it really is no ones business as to what the owner has invested. What matters is what you have to pay for a similar offering. Based on that $35,500 seems like a fair price. Check what it will cost you for a kit in a box -no work completed- from any supplier such as Tornado. Southern GT, MDA, New RF, ERA or CAV if they are available as a kit in your area. Remember none of these come with an engine and some don't include the tranny.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Auction ended with opening price of $35,100 USD - No bidders...

Mike - Maybe it's time for some more detailed shots of various areas of the car and more detailed information - Place them on your own website and link to it. I know that the body would be of particular concern to buyers. Well lit area with more info on the body would help sell.. No camera-phone pictures or low rez shots - buyers are wise to that...

Back