ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Guys

The ZFQ will take either concentric AP thrust bearing or ZF style clutch fork with hydraulic external cylinder.
The ZFQ fits the original GT40 bellhousing.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,445
  • DSC00198.JPG
    DSC00198.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,616
  • DSC00197.JPG
    DSC00197.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,420
  • DSC00235.JPG
    DSC00235.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 2,139
Hi Guys

thanks for the positive comments but this is a team effort and I'd like to thank everyone that is helping to bring this transaxle to market especially the guys at Quaife.

Regards

Chris.

Excellent work - Well done Chris and ALL associated with this venture....

I for one hold Quaife produced products in high regard, the early conversion of the UN1 on Roy Smart's GTD is still going strong, despite some big-time abuse over the past 5-6 years or so.... including numerous 2nd gear hard starts on slicks with in excess of 500Bhp on occasions...

I know it's still early days, as you will no doubt be testing shortly, but is there any projected ETA for customer units? - Are they in production at present or will you be waiting for initial test results? I especially like the look of the unit once mated to the Bell Housing you show, do you provide them too? and what is the price for it?

Thanks again - excellent work!!rockonsmile

Hi Guys

Testing takes place over the next few weeks at Southern GT, in Mick's personal car and if all goes well, Quaife have said that production will start on the first batch of 30 transaxles before the end of this month, for completion before Christmas.

Quaife have done a fantastic job to go from our concept back in February to reality in just over seven months.

The original bell housing was supplied by John Wisher one of our team.
Contact John [email protected]

Regards

Chris.

Last edited:
Chris

Looks all you said it would be, well done to you and Quaife. two questions

1. Did Quaife run it on their dyno and if so under what torque load?
  2. What are the bhp and torque output of your test cars engine?
I shall be ordering the RCR over the next few days so a successful test now v. important!

Talk soon

Regards

John

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It was a pleasure seeing this box for real and meeting the team today.
Wishing you all good fortune with it.

Hi Chris,
I would like to purchase one as well.
Tell me how to do and where to transfer the money.
When are you in the condition to deliver me the unit?
Thanks for your kind and helpfull supply.
I need it with the AP Racing concentric slave cylinder.
Waiting for your instructions for money transfer and for collection instructions as well.
Regards
Wanni

I managed to get to see this yesterday when I was down at Mick Sollis's (Southern GT). With my limited knowledge, it really does look lke an extreamly well put together gearbox. Great job from all on the team.

Brett

Hi guys

here is the installation into Mick's own Southern GT, Mick just got his car through the SVA and collected the registration document and road Tax this week.
Mick has removed his ZF and installed the ZFQ which has proved to be quite a straight forward job.
Mick has also developed an external mechanical clutch folk as well as a mounting for an AP concentric thrust bearing to give more options.

In addition to this I have the SPF cable change which we will be fitting to the transaxle ready for SPF installation.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• P9241499.jpg
    P9241499.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,145
  • P9241500.jpg
    P9241500.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,094
AP concentric clutch bearing installation

Attachments

• ZFQ14.jpg