ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please explain to me what the gold protrusions are on the rear of the transaxle. The one on the left side pointing left and the one on the right side pointing back.

Thanks,

Leonard

Could someone please explain to me what the gold protrusions are on the rear of the transaxle. The one on the left side pointing left and the one on the right side pointing back.

Thanks,

Leonard

I believe that is where the shift linkage connects. The ZFQ has, apparently, options for
left, right and tail shift.

Ian

Hi guys

news today is that the ZFQ went for its first powered drive in a GT40 and all is well and living up to expectations. All gears are present and correct and no noise can be herd from the trans, the ATB is also working well with even power distribution to the rear wheels.

The only feeling I can relate this to is like being an expectant father

Regards

Chris

Thanks John.

Here are a few more pics from Mick

Attachments

• P9261513.jpg
    P9261513.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,620
  • ZFQ16.jpg
    ZFQ16.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 1,498
  • ZFQ17.jpg
    ZFQ17.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,585
  • ZFQ18.jpg
    ZFQ18.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,560
  • ZFQ19.jpg
    ZFQ19.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,441
Chris,

That is excellent news. I am excited and excited for you! The radiator to the left of the transaxle, is that an engine oil cooler or a transmission fluid cooler?

Leonard

Hi Leonard

the cooler in the pictures is an engine oil cooler but the ZFQ has the option for a trans cooler pump. The trans pump bolts to the rear case and is driven off the pinion shaft, the gold rear blanking plate is used to sandwich the pump. The flow and return ports are situated on the crown wheel casing.

regards

Chris.

Hi Chris,
the gearbox look's great...

I know, I'm a complicated man, and I do not want do to like others.....

I'm planning to build a 962 replica. (actually i'm making 3D plans on solidworks CAD)

Do you know if the ZFQ can be used upside down ?
is it possible to change the side of the gear selector ?

and last, do you have a 3D model (only external) that i can use to make the integration with the crossmember and the rear suspension??
(in fact, i've made a design from the pdf you post, but it's not accurate)

regards

Hi guys

road tests are going well and the ATB diff transmits the power nice and evenly keeping the car straight and true without the step out apparent with other LTD transmissions. I thought I would post pictures of the clutch folk cross shaft option.

Regards

Chris

Attachments

• ZFQ26ab.jpg
    ZFQ26ab.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 2,329
Road test

Mick, Martin, and John give the carbs a tweak post test

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • DSC00021.JPG
    DSC00021.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,295
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,300
  • DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,298
The first GT40 with ZFQ transaxle installed, seeing it going through road tests, put a wide smile on all the teams faces.
No Transmission noise could be herd, and the chosen gearing seems perfect.

regards

Chris.

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,609
  • DSC00020.JPG
    DSC00020.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,008
In these days of clinical exhausts isn't it wonderful to see a brand new car with a stained number plate !

Good luck with the testing etc

Chris,

Fantastic!! Glad to see that things are going well with the tests. It is good to hear that all is quiet...lol. That wide body with the "snorkies" on it looks really nice...I think that will be my final choice. Who is the manufacture of that body if you happen to know?

Leonard

Malcolm

Supporter
The car in those pictures is Mick Sollis's Southern GT taken I guess about 5 seconds after SVA approval! The man is so keen he can't even wait for paint! It does not have a widened bodyshell, that is the standard item.

Keith

Amazing he passed the SVA noise test with those silencers. If so, they must be very well designed...

Malcolm

Supporter
I agree, but from what I hear they are well designed. The real test is a track day with strict noise limits.

Malcolm, Thanks for the correction. For some reason his car looks really wide. The wide one must really be out there...very cool.

Leonard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back