ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

although this is a little off thread, there are 3 widths of arches the original cars with wire wheels are 70" across the ones in the photo are 72" across like the CAV and GTD, then there is the Gulf arches that are 78" across.

Regards

Chris.

Hi Guys

although this is a little off thread, there are 3 widths of arches the original cars with wire wheels are 70" across the ones in the photo are 72" across like the CAV and GTD, then there is the Gulf arches that are 78" across.

Regards

Chris.

A wide backside is always a good thing...just the way I like it. I will have to opt for the Gulf arch version with the snorkies.

Leonard

Hi Guys

Mike Quaife and I will be at SEMA on Tuesday and Wednesday this week meeting the SPF dealers, will answer e-mail's ect on my return

regards

Chris.

Hi Guys

40 units are in production and should be built by end of January 08 we have continued to test over the last few weeks.

Regards

Chris.

Hi Guys

the fist batch of transmissions 30 in total will be ready at the end of March but are all spoken for.

Regards

Chris.

Chris can you post some pictures of your transaxle installed in a car? Preferable a SPF GT40. I'm interested in seeing how the shift cables were routed and held in place. I would also like to see some pictures of the bellhousing you make and some info as to what clutch and flywheel I would need. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Richard

Dennis Olthoff will contact you by email regarding the cable change set up, and will be making his improved version of the SPF shift linkage available to ZFQ customers.
I have asked Martin Gough to look through his photo's to see if he has a photo showing the SPF arrangement that we used on Dennis's car as I managed to miss that detail with my shots.

For bellhousing info go here
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/vendor-m...oposed-new-zfq-zf-ford-chevy-bellhousing.html

Regards

Chris.

One showing the cable shift

Attachments

• Olthoff pics.jpg
    Olthoff pics.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • olthoff cableshift.jpg
    olthoff cableshift.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,221
Last edited:
Some pictures of the fitting and cable arrangement. Hope the pictures are of use.

Attachments

• IMG_65401.jpg
    IMG_65401.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_65411.jpg
    IMG_65411.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_65451.jpg
    IMG_65451.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IMG_65561.jpg
    IMG_65561.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_65591.jpg
    IMG_65591.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,137
ZFQ: Actual Shipping Date?

Hi Guys

the fist batch of transmissions 30 in total will be ready at the end of March but are all spoken for.

Regards

Chris.

Chris:

Did the transmissions actually get sent or is there another delay? A number of us are hopeful that they're en route.

Thanks!

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back