GT90 from ground up

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Des,

As far as interest, yours and the other scratch built Lola I personally find to be two of the most interesting threads and the most committing endeavors on the forum. Your work looks fantastic and the effort is commendable.

Keep posting the pictures and keep up the good work.

I'm just in awe that you are so detailed doing it "the old fashion way" I don't know if I would even attempt this style, It looks like the best way to do it, but WOW you must have had some good collection of pics/blueprints

dimi
jury is still out on tail and head lights, yet another project running in parallel
costs unknown, will depend on what needs to be done for rego at that point
neongtsr
a set of original blueprints would have been handy, I will probably finish it for less than the cost of those, if they were available.

Des who made the lights (front and rear) for the Efigy holden?. . ..i would have it somewhere, but i know they were custom made, and by an Australian company, by memory they used a lot of LED technology and i think the lights changed colour as each was activated??. .but thats stretching the memory. . .i have the motor magazine it was in at home somewhere, i'll dig it out next time i think of it

russ
info would be appreciated, leds are on the list of options
effijy is definitely a different beast.......
Des

Skin surface has been roughed up all over
Putty has arrived and work has started
septum and left front guard initial coated and partially sanded.
bonnet initial coat and sanded
it's slow going, more elbow grease required
generating loads of dust, at least it's not itchy stuff
Des

Attachments

• DSC02803.jpg
    DSC02803.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,648
  • DSC02804.jpg
    DSC02804.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,621
  • DSC02805.jpg
    DSC02805.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,516
  • DSC02806.jpg
    DSC02806.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,570
Des grab yourself a 6" random orbital with either dust collection bag or a dust extractor, I have a bosch one, cost less than $200 and is awesome with interchangable velcro pads, variable speed settings . .great for quick shaping, then do a skim coat once your close . . ..just have to be careful with it as it gets hungry quickly!!!. . .havn't seen that motor mag yet, but havn't forgotten you either . .so thats a bonus!!

Des i've done some surfing on the net, they are dual filament Led's apparently the front headlights are fan cooled LED main lights surrounded by dual filament white / orange led's (half are all white half are dual filament) for the front indicators. And on the rear they are dual filament orange / red Led's. See attached pic, you can see the parkers around the headlight and they flash to orange when the indicator is activated, will try and find that manufacturers name still though

Attachments

• i.holden.efijy.showcar.studio.front.05oct.jpg
    i.holden.efijy.showcar.studio.front.05oct.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,262
russ
thanks heaps for your determination and the info
If you want, PM me for details and drop around for a look.

No worries, definitly will take you up on that offer. . .am flat out on weekends at the moment and at work until all sorts of hours . .when that settles down towards the end of the year i'll give you a yell

couple more pics
still rough but coming together
Des

Attachments

• DSC02821.jpg
    DSC02821.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,415
  • DSC02823.jpg
    DSC02823.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,436
some more pics
putty applied to all skinned surfaces
looks a bit like a really badly iced cake
rear deck rough sanded
Des

Attachments

• DSC02826.jpg
    DSC02826.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,207
  • DSC02827.jpg
    DSC02827.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,304
  • DSC02828.jpg
    DSC02828.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,228

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You are a many that shows great;

Talent
Focus
Dedication

to a vision...

I can hardly wait to see the finished product!!!

Chris Kouba

Supporter
FINALLY!!!

Someone with a garage as dirty as mine! I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw your pics, Des.

I vacuumed about 3mm of pink snow off the floor near the car this weekend. That stuff builds up fast.

Best of luck. I can't wait to see your finished product.

thanks guys

I too am anxious to see the final outcome.

you mean I am not alone, I do like a "worked in" look.
time for a vacuum though
all that came from the rear deck, hence the plastic sheets.

Des

G'day Des,
As you can see, I managed to track down your GTs40.com entry. It's great to see how many guys you have made happy (suck, suck! You did say you'd start on one for me next; didn't you)? Richard O'Clery, Where are you? If you are a West Australian and you have/are building a GT40 you might like to be included in our WA GT40 Owner's spreadsheet.
Yo Desy my man, sorry about using this site to make contacts - It won't happen again!
Your work is so good, I've been telling everyone I know that I know you.
RAMB

Back