gtd pedal box

Hi everyone, Dose anyone have any info on fitting a more efective pedal box to a GTD. replacing the old vacum system with balance bar set up. regards vincent.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Put in one of the floor mounted Tilton setups. You will have to weld in a plate - not easy. You can get a suitable plate ready drilled from Mick Sollis at Southern GT. The basic problem with any top hung setup is that you can not get a good ratio between the foot and master cylinder. With a floor mount setup the pedal ratio is much better - you will need this extra mechanical advantage if you want to do away with the servos. A very cheap floor mount can be found on ebay by typing in pedal box - about £180 for the basic bias box.
Cheers
Mike

Malcolm

Supporter
On a GTD a number of guys have done what Julian has done with success. I am still on the standard item. The thing to watch when doing a floor mounted version is to make sure the master cylinders clear the chassis rail in front of the pedal box. If you can acheive that, and it is easier for short drivers than tall ones I guess, you are onto a winner. My expereince would say to lose the servos and keep the standard pedal box is not a good move.

I have a Tilton hanging box with no servos and the installation required no fabrication. Malcolm found my pedal box mount in the UK and unfortunately I do not know the source.

Brian.

Attachments

• P1010078.jpg
    P1010078.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,027
Hi Vincent,
Look in Vendor & Mftr Announcements / New Chassis from Southern GTs / page 2 for photo of well engineered top-hung pedals.
John McL.

some pics of my pedal box. seems to be a perfect fit.

Attachments

• pedal-box-1.jpg
    pedal-box-1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 792
  • pedal-box-2.jpg
    pedal-box-2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 744
  • pedal-box-3.jpg
    pedal-box-3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,582
  • pedal-box-4.jpg
    pedal-box-4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 811

Ron Earp

Admin
Vincent, please try and get the posts into the correct subforums on GT40s.com. You have posted this question into a help area dealing with FORUM help issues, not car building.

Back