Engagement

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thought it was about time I made this 'public', though I did already announce it at the Hants/Berks regional meeting last week, for those who know me (us).

Maxine & I recently got engaged. It was Feb 29th actually!!

No date proposed for the wedding yet, but it will be next year some time. Currently busy organising our engagement party, which was fun trying to fit in around 2 holidays, family birthdays, her Sister's wedding (another one later in the year!) etc. Some cynical people might say we only did it so we can have a party, but who needs an excuse to have a party! ;-)

Cheers,

Max + Maxine

Congratulations Max and Maxine.
Is the church car park big enough for a GT40 Guard of Honour? A dozen cars should do the trick.
Best wishes,
Tony

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Max and Maxine.
Is the church car park big enough for a GT40 Guard of Honour? A dozen cars should do the trick.
Best wishes,
Tony
I'm sure wherever we have the wedding it will be plenty big enough for a good number of 40's! I strongly doubt it will be a church though.

Congrats Max and Maxine or is that now max squared? :lol:
Now how will you get all the honeymoon gear in the 40? Or will you not be taking much?
Chris

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Now how will you get all the honeymoon gear in the 40? Or will you not be taking much?

I'm sure I could fit my wallet in ok, just might struggle with her 3 suitcases! ;-)

Anyway, I thought all you needed was each other :love: ...:yuck:

Max
Glad you put that last smilie in. After 27 years of marriage (to the same girl) my Julie is just grateful that my mid life crisis had four wheels and not two legs:heart:

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
She got me an engagement present yesterday - Lifetime Premier Supporter of GT40s.com :thumbsup:

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone free on Saturday 3rd October 2009?

That was my subtle hint, this time I'll make it more obvious.

We have now set the date for our wedding - 3rd October next year. Not ideal time of year for 40's I know, but then we all know the weather in this country is so unpredicatble it could equally rain in June or July.

Anyway, a GT40's guard of honour (or something similar) is a fine idea (thanks Tony), so if any local club guys are available...

Not sure on the precise plan for the day (but then it is over a year away), but will liaise in due course with anyone interested in helping me with this idea.

Cheers,

Max

Back