ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kim

Quaife are a couple of weeks behind because of third party supply issues. Every one is working round the clock to get this done.

regards

Chris Melia.

Attachments

• clutch_arm_07_080402.jpg
    clutch_arm_07_080402.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 853
  • clutch_arm_08_080402.jpg
    clutch_arm_08_080402.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,180
Last edited:
Hi Steve

at this time we only have a bellhousing that will fit the small block Ford and LS chevy engines fitted with 157 tooth flywheels. You would need an adapter plate to use it with the FE motor.

regards

Chris.

Hi Steve

you would have to get one made yourself as we don't make one at this time

regards

Chris.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Plate sourced from ZFQ or you?

Steve

Steve, if the ZFQ is the same bolt pattern as the ZF, Kennedy can make you an adapter plate. I have a complete setup available with a G50/52 Porsche if interested. Good luck.

Hi guys

The ZFQ production is now in full swing with the first production transaxle fitted into Mick Sollis's Southern GT demonstrator car. The first shipment to the USA will be ready for dispatch later this week.

Mick reported that he was very pleased with the operation of his new transaxle, with a much more positive feel to gear selection and just the right ratio's to transform the performance of his car.

The ZFQ team would like to thank Mick for his efforts in helping to develop the ZFQ and the speedy installation and road test of the first production unit.

Regards

Chris Melia.

Chris, great news I’m sure the whole team is ready for a vacation. I need the clutch fork cross shaft in mine will they coming with the transaxle's? Thanks again for the post.

Last edited:
ZFQ ready to go

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6,653
  • DSCF0047.jpg
    DSCF0047.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCF0049.jpg
    DSCF0049.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,004
  • DSCF0050.jpg
    DSCF0050.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Hi Chris Well done, my race car is waiting for its one. have you done,tested the straight cut racing version yet ? Must I spec anything different?

This is as good a place as any to ask as I have the ear of an international group of people. I have to wire Quaife (their bank HSBC) the money for a transaxle. The problem is my bank (Wells Fargo) wants to use their exchange rate not the current one to transfer the money. They will get an extra $4-500.00 plus the wire transfer fee. Anyone know a good company I can use that wouldn't screw me so I can pay the nice folks a Quaife.

Hi Peter

we have not started work on a streight cut version, to busy with the testing and development on the helical version.

Hope to be down in Port Elizabeth in the next couple of months.

regards
Chris.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Do you have a broker? Fidelity Investments did mine for free (no fees)and at the current market exchange rate (real time) at the time of transfer. Give your broker a call and ask about this service.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Richard

I've found this often as unfortunately most american Banks do not like to deal in anything but the USD.

Ask Quaife if they will accept USD as payment and agree a rate then do the transfer in USD then you only pay the transfer fee. (The transfer fee should be about USD25 for a same day transfer - oh yes they will also say the minimum time will be 5 working days - bullsh1t way of them holding onto you money for a week.)

Even if you don't get the full and exact amount this way (as the exchange rate my vary in the time it takes for the transfer) I'm sure any difference could be taken up on a credit card transaction.

Ian

First drive with the ZFQ today.
Same as the prototipe - smooth. The shift on this box is a lot easier than the ZF.
No noise or gear whine.
We are jigging up our cable shift pieces. On the first one in our car it is a makeshift but the second one is going in the car now and it is even better.
I will try and post some pics. The customer (Kim Peterson) wants it for the event at VIR on monday.
Car and Driver will also be doing a full test on Thursday next week at the Chrysler proving grounds in Michigan.
We hope to have another car with a ZF there as well for them to compare.
Thanks Chris and Martin.
This box is a gem.
Dennis.

Dennis
Glad you finally got to have a play with the new transaxle as I know your busy at the moment. Didn't think Dennis you could improve your cable system after having driven your car when Chris and i visited. I couldn't tell the difference between it and a rod change then.
Speak soon.
Regards Martin, Chris and John.

Dennis, hope your trip up north went well. Any chance you can share some results and pictures? Did the rest of the transaxles arrive?

Chris I can only admire your work. Are you considering allowing installation drawings and models for those of us who are considering / building from scratch. I completely understand the IP implications, but it would sure make 3D modelling of the mono easier. Cheers Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back