View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2008, 04:02 AM  
p thompson
Administrator
United Kingdom

GT40: None
Re: Weber Carbs for fuel injection?

That'll work just fine I'm sure and is something I've been looking at for some time although I was looking at retaining the look of IDA but with a 'hidden' injection system below a turkey pan...

Stick a throttle position sensor on one of the carbs, add a temp sensor to a waterway and an air temp sensor in the general area of the intakes and off you go...You can time/trigger it from the dizzy or add a multi-tooth wheel to the crank front pulley perhaps.

Pending on flow requirements (size of motor) you can also rip out most of the venturi/choke tubes to give up to the full 48mm if required as you no longer rely on a drop in air pressure to draw in the fuel.

I suspect you'll find carb balancing almost a thing of the past. Our experience has shown that IR injection holds idle and smooth running more easily than webers long term. Possibly due to the fuelling being 'electronically' metered, rather than being dependant upon the miniscule amounts of air flowing through almost closed chokes at idle. (just a theory)

Finally, I guarantee you'll see better part throttle manners and noticeable improvements in fuel consumption over Webers... (Super now at $2.55 a litre over here.....)

So all in all - (do post how you get on)
Too Many Hobbies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Too Little Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
p thompson is offline   Reply With Quote