Another first...Australia

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chris,

I have sent you a couple of emails since we spoke but no reply...also included are the tracking numbers for your parts...let me know if they are getting through..

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Great excitement today!--- at 8:49 am some parts finally arrived from RCR, only 5 months from the request.
(at this stage, am unimpressed with logistics between US and Aus)
I've sent stuff to US or Europe via post under 20Kg and it is delivered with in 7 -10 days.
RCR sends this stuff last August --3 months elaps --press some buttons at RCR --Fran hears me crying and I'm touched by his generosity as he sends some more of the same-- it arrives at Brisbane depot 23/12/07--"clearence delay"-- no one to talk to as I'm O/S(customs querie) --3/1/08 returned to sender (Fedex policy)--- I return from O/S 13/1/08-- raise the "where's me stuff" at RCR --Fran intercepts it at Michigan and resends it to Aus. again --17/1/08 arrives at Sydney depot --customs request itemised invoice from RCR ---25/1/08 Fedex/customs require $270 aud dutys and fees to release ( this fee can be disputed )-- I cough up and they dutifully deliver --the rest is history -- bunch o' cock heads:mad:
Anyway, it is here and is of quality workmanship and nice and shiny;)
"Thanks Fran" , after all these logistical dramas I really appreciate any thing you send:eek:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hallelujah......my pleasure Chris,

Having been on the receiving end of those parts bouncing back twice due to red tape politics...you now know what I deal with on a daily basis...:rolleyes:

Sending those parts was a bloody nightmare but I am sure we have the process licked now......bribery seems to work the best...:dead:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bribery is a time honoured way of getting things done. Years ago when I was involved with importing photo copiers and there was a "hold up" at the docks, the hold up was always quickly solved by someone turning up with a brown paper bag full of cash.

Bribery is a time honoured way of getting things done. Years ago when I was involved with importing photo copiers and there was a "hold up" at the docks, the hold up was always quickly solved by someone turning up with a brown paper bag full of cash.

So that's how you afforded your cars!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Finally found a couple of almost Lola wheels , they're 15x10 Mg (by Rebel Australia --but no longer in business:mad:) there's more out there some where

Attachments

• chris stuff 001 (Small).jpg
    chris stuff 001 (Small).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 450
  • chris stuff 002 (Small).jpg
    chris stuff 002 (Small).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 428
Well found, Chris - pity they're out of business.

Are you going to paint the milled edges back? They will look very 'Lola'.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Been a while --almost forgot where me post was :embarassed: --a bit more fiddleing --but it is progress. It's a roller, now to fit the rear clip --and its off to the plumbing shop for some exhaust pipes --$$$$

Attachments

• lolaRCR 002.jpg
    lolaRCR 002.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 385
  • lolaRCR 003.jpg
    lolaRCR 003.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 396
  • lolaRCR 007.jpg
    lolaRCR 007.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 391
  • lolaRCR 008.jpg
    lolaRCR 008.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 466
  • lolaRCR 018.jpg
    lolaRCR 018.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 456

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Chris,

The wheels look great, do you know much about the offset and so on? I'll need to replace my knock ons with some bolt ons and am interested in what will fit up. Did you make your own half shafts for what looks like a 930?

Ron

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ron , the wheels are 15"dia. x 10"& 8" bolt up face is about central--bolt PCD just happens to be 4.75" (corvette) --they were a locally (Aust) made item from the '70s thru to late '90s --now suddenly they've become rare ?
The CV shafts are a common GM product that I have shortened :idea:--not sure if its gonna work yet

Attachments

• chris stuff 003 (Small).jpg
    chris stuff 003 (Small).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 418
  • lolaRCR 009.jpg
    lolaRCR 009.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 424
  • lolaRCR 012.jpg
    lolaRCR 012.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 531

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They are not RCR......
Chris chose some wheels that were not suited to the stock RCR suspension...and as he is pals with DRB. and makes parts for them he was able to modify things and use them to allow wheel fitment/clearance.

Finally found a couple of almost Lola wheels , they're 15x10 Mg (by Rebel Australia --but no longer in business:mad:) there's more out there some where

Hi chris,

Rebel wheels are still available. if you log onto the Formula Ford site and look at the historic newsletter the new owner of the patterns has an ad in it. He's in NSW.... wollongong I think

I run 4 spoke versions of these wheels on my Group c Touring Car and my formula ford. I know he is re-doing the formula ford ones but may have stock of what you require. He wont redo the 13x10 rims that i run without an order of 50-100 wheels. Be warned though he's not the most cooperative of chaps.

Cheers
Derek

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
After a bit of thought and a lot of procrastination, finally came up with this clamp / support for the tunnel coolant pipes (1 1/2" dia stainless )

Attachments

• lolaRCR 001.jpg
    lolaRCR 001.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 290
  • lolaRCR 002.jpg
    lolaRCR 002.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 328
  • lolaRCR 003.jpg
    lolaRCR 003.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 365
  • lolaRCR 006.jpg
    lolaRCR 006.jpg