GT 40 P/2231 finally at home!

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since a joined the forum.
I have been dreaming with a GT 40 since I was a kid, and I have been checking many possibilities for many years, worldwide.
Nothing was right enough for me up and until I saw the SPF.
So after many years dreaming and quite a few toys in between, I ended up ordering a SPF on May 2007 through Dynamics.
It has been a long wait and lots of work with Dynamics (I know my way to Ross, OH pretty well!) but after 16 months working on the project, the baby is finally home!

I want to thank Dynamic Motorsports, for their help in getting the car just as I wanted it. And Matt is the person at Dynamics that has made that possible. Thanks Matt !!! for your dedication and understanding of my project.

Also want to thank Eric and Dave in Performance Engineering. They built my engine, did the instal, and assembled quite a few things to get the car as per my specs.

It came out fantastic!

The car is a MK I RHD with the narrow tail, a 1965 289 engine with Webers and a NOS ZF transmission (-2).

Apart from that, we have been collecting plenty of original parts all over the world, that have been installed in the running gear and in the car... Wheels are original magnesium BRM´s, headlights are NOS original Marchals, rearview mirrors are NOS original Vitaloni and Lucas, correct water pump and SW fuel pumps, correct fuel filter, correct starter and alternator, with its correct brackets... You name it! Paint is Linden green. There are still some little things, details, that I will be doing at home in the next few months.

Anyway, I took some pictures today after coming from Indy and the MOTO GP Friday practice... It was raining, light was not that good but I could not wait. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
That is one beautiful car! In fact it's the closest I've seen to how I will specify my own GT40 someday. If you ever decide to sell, I'd like right of first refusal!

Is your car equipped with an SPF-sourced exhaust system? It looks different (and more 'right') than those I've seen on other SPF cars. And where did you get the other detail-ly things, like the headlights, fuel pumps, wheels, Webers, fresh air box, etc. etc.?

Hi,

Linden Green was the colour I wanted to go with but was unsure if it would look right, now I know, she is beautiful.

Thanks for making my mind up.

Nick

P.S. Any chance of lots more photos!!!!

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
That car is gorgeous, and I HATE Linden Green, but damn, it looks sweet!!! Very nice detailing. Close to what I want, RHD and all.

Very impressive, particularly the attention to detail. The RHD is definitely a nice touch, as are the white headers and exhaust and the 289 engine (have you dynoed it yet? What sort of numbers are you getting?).

Did you powder coat the exhaust system white? We've been exploring that for P/2192 but have been told that white doesn't hold up well and quickly yellows. I'm still tempted and would love your thoughts on how you did it and what your research tells you about its longevity.

Enjoy your car! It's beautiful.

Kim

No idea about how long is going to last or how it is going to age, but that was what I wanted and after going that far in detail... what the heck!
Dyno shows:
382 HP @ 5700 rpm
388 lbft @ 4400
Close to period specs. Bear in mind I have no A/C too, as the original cars

Cheers!

It looks like you have made some "race" valve covers with the ventilation boxes? Can you post a couple of pics of your engine bay? Can't really tell from the photo's.

Beautifully done, gives me more inspiration to carry one with the details!

Chris

Mike Trusty sent me photos of your car, including the rear (none of which have been shown here before). Intriguing that your car features the early-style rear end with four taillights (different from Mk II setup, and the later Mk 1 setup which is normally found on SPF cars).

Can you tell us more about it? Did you get it that way from SPF or have it modified? Do you have the 'narrow' rear end, or the 'middle' rear end with the early lights?

Do tell! (And post some photos) :thumbsup:

Back