Engine mounts

'Ello all

Interested to know the for and against arguments for solid mounts v bushed mounts for my RCR/LS7. Fran has (kindly) supplied me with some excellent solid mounts for my LS7 which he made up in his shop. These could be re-engineered to accept bushes but I don't which is the best route to take. Power approx 550 bhp and a mixture of road and track use (mostly road I guess) through a SPEC 10.5" clutch which includes a marcel plate (so whilst still well able to handle the power and torque will take up the drive smoothly)

Thanks

John

John,
I guess it depends on how much excitement or weight loss you want from that giant vibrator!!! Seriously, there will be a little more engine movement rather than passenger, with the bushes.

Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have the Energy Suspension Poly mounts from RCR in the front. The Mid-mount via the adapter plate is through a couple of very dense nylon/delrin bushings. I have also crafted a rear mount/support for the G50 transaxle at the rear. This mount is solid.

I can't tell you what the overall net effect is because I've yet to start it or drive it. I would be somewhat concerned about using solid mounts into the sides of the tub for fear that it would magnify the vibrations - much like a speaker cone.

See my build site (below) for more details on how I did mine if interested.

Bill, Randy

Many thanks for replies. I had'nt thought about the "drum" effect on the mono but makes good sense. I guess that any attendant sympathetic vibration might also have a detrimental effect on other fixings.

Still learnin' at 64 :rolleyes:

Best

John

Last edited:
Back