Exeter car show this weekend (UK)

Exeter Kit car show

Hi All
Don't forget for those in the UK that the Exeter Kit car show is on this weekend (15th - 16th Nov) at the West Point showground. Last year there was a good turn out including GT40s. This year Mark and I will be manning the MDA stand so if you want a chat do come along and have a look at the two cars that will be there, mine plus (I think) a Gulf livery car with all the racing stickers attached. I will get some photos posted after for those in the "colonies" and are too far away to make it to Sunny Devon.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
There will be a Gunmetal Grey RCR40 on display...

Terry Hennebery will be displaying the car on his Speedwell display....

Attachments

• terry gt40 paint 007.jpg
    terry gt40 paint 007.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,609
  • terry gt40 paint 008.jpg
    terry gt40 paint 008.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,937
Last edited:

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Ahh, the mention of Sunny Devon & West Point brings some old memories flooding back. I lived in Exeter for 9 years prior to moving to NV. Great memories, but still not enough to entice me back..... 'sunny' has a whole new definition out here, average 320 days of blue sky/sun a year.

Good luck with the show, hopefully rain will hold off for the event.

Hi Chris, will catch up over the weekend, thought mda would not be at the show this year, murry and dave hope to see you over the weekend also, i will be about both days, around the cob stand, call in and get a cup of tea/coffee, ps ring first dave, all the best Andy, chris remind mark to bring my grill and catches, thanks.

So... Show over and as promised here are two photos of the MDA stand with mine and the Gulf car. As you can see this year we added a display at the back with build log photos, complete car shots and tech specs. this really helped both us and the public to see what was what. Met so many of you and I only wish we had more time to chat, but it was so busy (no one expected it to be that busy) we hardly had time to breathe. Fran, You might just be able to see yours in the background as the Speedwell stand was right next to ours. I had a chance to look at your car after the show closed on Sunday, nice looking example, I can see why your cars are so popular! Had me a great time and see you all at the next one!

Attachments

• DSCF0329.jpg
    DSCF0329.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • DSCF0331.jpg
    DSCF0331.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Attended the show on both days but got dragged away early by work.Nice to see mda and frans car(like the chasis ). Very few other gt40s were present ,a total of 3 on display out side.The show seemed much quieter than its normal overcrowded self.However this was probably to the viewers advantage as there was more time to look and talk ,normally its difficult to get to the stands. Perhaps its the credit thingy or did a lot go to the sports car show at the NEC . Enjoyed the event and nice to talk to those who made it

Back