Full set of Smiths gauges

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Joules:

The company that made the gauges that I have as well as Jack is "Speed Hut". Here is a link to their site.
Gauges, Custom Gauges, Tachometers, Speedometers, Gauge Pods

I believe that this is the company that makes gauges that are sold by one of this forums vendors. I bought my gauges before this vendor started advertising and I recomend supporting the vendors that support us and our cars.

The main reason that I went with these guages is the ability to see them at night not to mention that most are programmable. The tach has programmable shift lights and there are no tubes that must be extended through the car to the engine and transaxle.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF5834.jpg
    DSCF5834.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,183
  • DSCF5838.jpg
    DSCF5838.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,351
  • DSCF5836.jpg
    DSCF5836.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,623

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
The main reason that I went with these guages is the ability to see them at night not to mention that most are programmable.

But Mike you have 2 Pantera's, I thought you'd be used to fumbling around in the dark to see what the vitals are ;)

Are the Smiths ones not lit very well or not lit at all?

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Joules:
Only a Pantera owner would know how good(bad) the dash lights are. :)

I will likely replace my Pantera street car with these guages.

The Smiths have standard light bulbs that insert into the back of the gauge just like all last century steam guages. They are just as bright as any 1960's gauge light.

The new units actually have bright lit needles that can be left on and seen in the daylight. Makes scanning the gauges easy even during the day.

Back