formula 1 1967 replica cars

Hmmm - sorta - kinda - interesting definitely.

A replica of a 49 has been a gunnado of mine for a few years now (or a 33 which I think looked fabulous even if it did have a tiny engine).

Anyway - toss the Chev', insert a DFV... hmmm...
I'd still prefer a 49 replica I think but the above could certainly be fun - and I would love to have a go if anybody gets one, I'll be careful I promise... :)

Tim.

If I am not wrong also Fran's superlite was able to fit a 60s style body:p..will be lovely to see theme compared.
This new car seems welldone and very powerful

I'm with Tim with a replica of the 49 :)

Boy, the car sounds like an old Formula 5000 car from the late 1960s !!!

I'll bet with one of the new Chevy engines, it must fly !!

The DFV would be great, but very expenisve. Even using a simple Opel 16 valve 200 BHP motor would make this thing wicked.

The company is about 50 miles up the road, so it may be worth a visit !!

I will tell them Paolo sent me.

Best
Dom

How much for one of the "new" DFVs now? Anyone here have one gathering dust? ;)

It'd have to be a 180 degree cranked engine to do it for me so maybe a little Fezza engine or even the V8 they use in the Radical SR8 (made from bike engines).
Hmmm - thinking about it the Repco Brabham sounded more conventional so maybe the Chev wouldn't be so bad after all... :)

Maybe we should organise a group buy. :)

Tim.

Guys, The Repco Braham V8 motor was based off the Olds V8, which later became (guess what) the Rover V8 !!!

You can pick those up pretty cheap from the engine rebuilders.

Dom

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
I have this listed on Ebay. Search " Lotus 49"

Attachments

• 100_0887.jpg
    100_0887.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 3,909
Ever since I first saw this I've been thinking about a Lola T332. Why not. I know where a bunch of that body work is. Project # 84 B I guess it would need 13" wheels though that might be a problem.

New build DFV kit-set's are between £60-80k from Nicholsonns and Richardsons and the like, but you could pick up a freshly rebuilt one for around £50k.
We've a couple kicking around the workshop but they are both taken:drunk:

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

How much for one of the "new" DFVs now? Anyone here have one gathering dust? ;)

Attachments

• DFV2sml.jpg
    DFV2sml.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,753
  • DVF sml.jpg
    DVF sml.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,156
Hi guys

keep up I posted this in December
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/vendor-m...20751-zfq-new-proposed-gt40-transaxle-16.html

This car is specked to have the ZFQ transaxle and John Wisher, one of our ZFQ team supplied the uprights and wheels for the car (BRM GT40).
The car was first publically displayed at the Autosport show and was very well received with one guy saying that he wanted on to replace his Radical but if he got one then he would also have to get one for his wife.

I wish Ian the best of luck with the car

Regards

Chris.

Darren
That DFV is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I can just hear it piercing the Upstate New York air right now. What an incredible piece of machinery.

Thanks Chris.
They really are a beautiful thing. Before I got into Historic racing I worked 10 years with Nicholson Mclaren Engines, building and developing DFV's. Right through their glory days in Group C and F3000. Loads of engines for the TGP F1 series too. Still my all time favourite. Only a 4 rotor Mazda can make your ears bleed like a F3000 spec DFV at full chat. 500 bhp, ok has been bettered, but all below 9000rpm. No wonder they had a 1000 mile rebuild interval. They were serious bit's of kit. Nice to have one to play with again in the T280:drunk:

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Darren
That DFV is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I can just hear it piercing the Upstate New York air right now. What an incredible piece of machinery.

Back