A/C condenser

Dear gentlemen,

as I am currently looking for an A/C system for a car that provides less space than the GT40 for fitting condenser/compressor and evaporator I was wondering if ever someone fitted a condenser below the cars bottom panel (parallel to the car kind of fixed to the floor panel, outside).
It would have to look like that one of a fridge, which is designed to have the airstream parallel to it. It would make the use of an additional fan impossible but I think besides the dirt in that area there should be some fairly good airstream (and also there is a lot of space, it would even have some good radiaton heat exchange, if properly designed).

Maybe someone of you has done or seen something similar.

Besides that maybe someone of you has an idea if there is a source for evaporator units (like the ID-255 from nostalgic air) in Europe, just recently checked that they want to charge 192$ for shipping...
I know from that car builder solutions page in England, but that unit is 479 pounds without VAT, which is no solution either.

Thanks for any help

Besides that maybe someone of you has an idea if there is a source for evaporator units (like the ID-255 from nostalgic air) in Europe, just recently checked that they want to charge 192$ for shipping...

Leopold,
Did you price the shipping directly on the website of Nostalgic? If so, my advice would be to ring Jon direct and speak to him. When I ordered my complete unit off him he offered me that advice saying the website priced highly.

Also, if it is not urgent you can get it shipped USPS ground, which is a LOT cheaper.

Brett

Brett, thanks for the hint - but crap, I just called them and all I found was a very unfriendly lady who hung up on my first call and on the second one didn't want to connect me to jon. She also said they have only one shipping price which is the one on their homepage.. Damn. Gotta look for another source.

Skeleton - thanks, but I already know this company. Problem to me is their unbelievable high price. I won't pay 600$ and change for an evaporator that can be purchased for about half of that in the states.

Leopold, my replica GT40 has the ac condenser mounted in the floor area under the front section parallel to the road with a fan on the top. The ac system has always worked well.

Back