Long time lurker

I have been a long time lurker (actually checked the site everyday for over a year now) and I finally decided to join as I am starting to compile parts for my dream build RCR SLC). I am coming from the BMW M world. I had a E46 M3 that I built for the track (6pt cage and the works and was subsequently stolen last November) and now am am finishing up an E30 318i conversion to a E30 M3 (full body, running gear, and power train) that was quite the project.

As of now all I have are the brakes and motor (LS1) that is where am I going to start. Once I have that where I want it I will place the order with Fran (probably before that as there is a several month lead time on those bad boys). It was a hard choice between that and an Ultima but in the end RCR won not only my heart but also the little ladies (who is a car nut herself and looking forward to working on the build :thumbsup: ).

I look forward to learning from you guys (have learned a bunch already) and posting up once I actually have the car in house (will pull the trigger some time this year). Well that's it for me and again I look forward to interacting with all of you.

A hearty Welcome! There is a growing community of SL-C owner/builders ready to share their thoughts and eager to hear yours.

Welcome Ironclad,

Good Luck with your build. You might want to touch base with Molleur if you haven't already as he's also building an SLC and lives not far from you on the coast. I'll say it now before someone else does.....Post pics!! Lots of 'em because we love to see the progress or the er, lack thereof. : )

Wow thanks for the warm welcome guys. I knew that this was going to be a great place to be a part of. Molleur I will def. get back to you sooner rather than later. Well guys again thanks for making a new guy feel welcome and again I look forward to learning from you guys.

See now that's what I'm talking about. I might have to sell get rid of my current project to get this one started that much sooner lol.

Back