LMC 2010 Travel/Accommodation Details

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I offered to Ian that I would be willing to assist by collating the list of people's travel & accommodation details again, for those who are interested. I know a few people have found it useful in the past either to decide their own arrangements or arrange meeting up/travelling together etc.

As before I am only able to offer this for club members, and can only circulate the information to those willing to have their own details added and shared with the others on the list.

I'd prefer that people email me, but a PM on the forum is ok. Depending how many responses I get/how quickly will determine when I first issue the list, and then how frequently I update it.

So for anyone interested in sharing this information, please send details of:-
Name(s)
Club membership number
Contact number(s)
Email address
Outgoing travel details; method, route, date, time
Returning travel details; method, route, date, time
Accommodation details
Vehicle(s)

Depending on people's thoughts/wishes (& anything I have forgotten) I might add further columns to indicate things such as who is doing the track laps etc.

Cheers to all, roll on July...

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well 2 weeks on and only 2 people have sent their details so far, so I have not actually started to compile the list (doesn't really seem worth it yet).

Plenty of time yet, but probably more use to some of the people undecided on route etc if it were available sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Max (Inbox at the ready...)

Max..... "The EX GT40 Owners Club" has booked their Ferry (Fast Cat) car and
passenger £46 return, accommodation for the week (Chalet with pool) £90 each.
Please urge your members not to leave it to late as availability and price will rise as
time gets nearer.

Max

I'll be going down on the portsmouth Caen ferry on the Thursday night and returning same route on the Monday afternoon. I'll be camping in Maison Blanche all weekend and i am doing the track laps on friday evening. it would be good to see who else is going and maybe meet up either on the way or when we get there. I have never taken the 40 abroad, can't wait.

Jas

Dear Max.. firstly a HUGE "thanks" for organising another spreadsheet, it was very useful in 2008. Debbie and I are travelling down Dover Calais ferry leaving 10:00 am on Friday, returning 5:00 pm on Monday in our.. sorry.. Porsche 911. Once I've confirmed these details with "her indoors", I'll e-mail you. I should also say, as chairman of the club, a HUGE "thanks" to Ian Anderson for organising the trip. I've been copied into most of the e-mails and some of the discussions. Believe me, it's a hard, laborious task and Ian should be praised very highly... Andrew

Max

I have sent you a message with my details.
I will find the information very reassuring as this LeMans Classic will be a first for me. I have taken the chance to do the track time so some advise on this will also be reassuring from fellow travelers.

Thanks for your efforts putting this together

Regards

Steve

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I have just issued version 1 of the list. Huge apologies to all for the delay in getting this out. Details were slow coming through, then I have been busy and also had some personal issues to deal with.

Anyway, if you have not received it that is probably because if you have not sent me your details as yet. I'm sure Ian will readily pass it on to anyone wanting it to help them make their plans and willing to be added, though I'm sure many will have already done this now. As many of us know it is often useful for contact info whilst travelling/out there anyway.

Cheers for now,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Just reminding people of this again as I have only received 1 further update in the last 2 weeks.

There were a few at Stoneleigh who indicated they would be sending their details through, however currently just 1 received.

Cheers,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well I waited, but received no further updates so updated & sent out the list again yesterday.

I know there are many other people going, just they have not sent me their details so are not on this list. If anyone (club members only) is going and would like a copy of the list, then just send me your details to add and you will receive the next update.

Cheers,

Max

Max,
Finally confirming that I'm coming down via Dover/Calais Thursday 8th July sailing at 1000 on my Jack Jones as Matthew dropped out.
Camping at Maison Blanche
Return to Blighty on Monday 12th - 1610 sailing.
ATB

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Version 3 sent out this evening.

A reminder to anyone else wanting to be on the list/circulation, to email their details.

Cheers,

Max

Back