Medicaid and Texas

I have refraimed form getting into thiis fray due to the preconcieved notions of those on the right and the left. Mainly the inability to be willing to LISTEN. Everyone is just interested in getting their point out there, and are not interested in SEEING evidence of real informatiion. Case in point, the polls. Information is information when the same info is published by different organizations recognized by the left and the right. But no one wants to recognize a point made by the "other side". You know who you are. The case of the Ag. worker fired then an about face when the real story came out. If any had looked a little further they would have found out there was more info out there. Case in point, the speach that was given was 45 minutes long so all could not be given. That doesnot forgive those that edited it to their own agenda. On the other side it showed the inability of the president. He is no executive or he wouldn't have gone off half cocked and said what he did resulting inher firing. Now he has to do an about face and offer her a job back with the Ag. dept. She has very wisely not taken them up on it, yet. But it points out his inability to lead. Just as he did in the case with the police officers. Hew has no leadership experience and it shows way to well.
Now that I have said this I would like to bring out some iformation that some if not a lot of you are unaware of. there is an individual who is contemplating running for the officee of President. He is a conservative, educated, smart, a business leader, and a radio talk show host in Atlanta. His name is Herman Cain, and if he runs he may be the biggest threat to Obama. Oh yes, he is black too. I would make the suggestion that you get to know him. HE IS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE(to me anyway) Take a look at him here:
http://http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181961
He has put out solutions to most of the countrys problems on his web page:
hermancain.com
He is contemplating the idea of running, and I would suggest you get to know him. By YOU, I mean those of you on the right and the left. If you can't find something you could support with this guy, then you are leaning too far to the left. You can tune him in on the web if your area doesn't carry him live. I would urge you to look and listen to the few videos that are linked to his article and read his ideas and solutions on his web page. I think you will have something to really talk about rather than this regurgitated stuff that these threads are putting out.

Bill

Hope you don't mind me asking, but this thread started off as Medicaid and Texas (I think the author meant Taxes). I put my posts up, and included details of a Quinnxxxx University poll, and the piece from a Newsmax article, but included the complete text after the quote.

To show that I was not the author of the article, I put the complete text up.

You may have heard the Ann Coulter interview where she says that Breitbart was provided this edited tape of Shirley Sharrod. Breitbart made no comment about its authenticity.

All of this stuff on Sharrod is off the track and not worth putting here.

I have heard of Herman Cain and I think he is a great potential candidate.

Herman Cain would be a good candidate, unfortunately I think obama has done more harm than good to advance blacks in America. In his pre-election speeches he was talking of more unity between white and blacks. He actions since election have done just the opposite. I think he has a problem with race, did you ever hear him talk about the white half of himself? Sure he mentions his mother in passing, but he really pumps up the black part. And no I'm not a racist, just an observation.

Jim,

I know the left hates her, but she has an opinion. That's all. I heard Breitbart interviewed as well, and he said that he uploaded the tape as he received it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
We'll see, I'm sure the truth will come out.

As for Ann Coulter, she most definalty has an opinion, but she passe herself off as a "news" person. I'm not sure that those two things should go together.

Left,right,left,right....if we drove our cars this way we would be arrested. I bet that most of us drive down the CENTER of the lane and that way we avoid trouble. Maybe our politics should be the same.
Garry

With all apologies to Domtoni for continuing this derailment, but given what Bill has posted about not listening to all of the facts, I feel the need to address the following:

On the other side it showed the inability of the president. He is no executive or he wouldn't have gone off half cocked and said what he did resulting inher firing. Now he has to do an about face and offer her a job back with the Ag. dept.

Bill - please show me where Obama actually said anything that resulted in her resignation? If you did the due diligence you just advocated, you would see that indeed he said nothing of the sort, but actually had refrained from commenting. He is actually by doing the right thing in apologizing, but he did not actually say anything that prompted Sherrod being asked to resign.

Ian

Check CNN. They are trying to find the link between Mrs. Cook and the WhiteHouse. Supposedly she got orders from the White House. They did a piece today just before 11 AM where they were trying to talk to one of the Secretarys of ???? probably Agriculture as to the link.
2 points.
1. Why would the president call her personnaly to get her to remain in AG. I think in the CNN piece they used the work apology. Again WHY?
2.Why is no one talking about this link that Shirley ...... is insiting was the case?

Bill

P.S. I am really trying to stay ot of this discussion. As I told Dom, just trying to interject some new thoughts inbetween the rants. I try not to write things I don't believe are true, or have some basis in fact.

Even the BBC noted BHO's apology to Sherrod in a footnote in last night's World Service broadcast. Some of you may have seen it on PBS.

So, Obama should only apologize if he actually said something?

No, his apology is still valid and the right thing to do even if he was not directly involved. It was his cabinet, his White House, and happened under his watch. With a nod to Truman, "the buck stops here" is very appropriate.

I am not saying that it isn't possible he said something to someone, but that is a far cry from fact. Time will tell what the facts are, but again, due diligence would indicate, as of now, he did not say anything and to mention otherwise is incorrect. Due diligence would indicate that stating the incident shows the "inability" of the President, and that he went "off half cocked" and said something that "resulted in her firing" are, at this time, inappropriate things to infer, which is exactly what you were ranting about.

Yes, I am paying attention to CNN, and waiting to hear what was said, and by whom.

Ian

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

Am I the only one wondering why this discussion is about who reacted when and how, instead of about the out of context, missleading, half truth (no truth) purposly miss-edited tape.

If anyone should be pointing fingers, they should be pointed in the direction of the people responsable for the tape, not how people reacted to it.

If someone was told their house was on fire and they rushed to check, would you question the homeowner or the person who lied.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
You know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is incensed at the source of the altered/edited comments. AP reported that Fox News Network was responsible for the release of the video......regardless of whether Fox edited the original video or not, if Fox released it, they are the party we all ought to be screaming about. I doubt if I would be so disressed if FNN didn't have the word "News" in their title.....retitle it FON for "Fox Opinion Network" and the unsuspecting might well be alerted that the information seen thereon could be of questionable accuracy, but IMHO any network who calls themselves a "News" network should check the accuracy of their information and get independent verification before they air it....that is standard journalistic procedure.

As for Bee-OH, it is my understanding that the Secretary of Agriculture acted independently and without notifying Bee-OH. He has adamantly admitted this. I have to admit, I respect Bee-OH for stepping in and contacting Ms. Cook with an apology and a request that she consider returning to public service. He recognized the disservice and, believing that "...the buck stops here", stepped up and did the right thing.

FNN, on the other hand, ought to have their "license" revoked.....IMHO!!

[Edit: I'm just curious, has anyone seen any sort of "apology" or even acknowledgement from Fox? I haven't....they seem to be only too happy to scream "Fire" in a crowded theater, and then just sit back and watching the ensuing mayhem.]

Doug

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The people here who are trying to blame the President or his administeration for acting on this wrong information are basically saying that "everyone should know you can't belive what you hear on Fox"

No one is blaming the president. Has anyone of us done so? If Andrew Breitbart was set up, shouldn't you be blaming the group who set him up?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Originally Posted by wbmusarra
On the other side it showed the inability of the president. He is no executive or he wouldn't have gone off half cocked and said what he did resulting inher firing. Now he has to do an about face and offer her a job back with the Ag. dept.

Here is one.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If Andrew Breitbart was set up, shouldn't you be blaming the group who set him up?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Domtoni

Domtoni, you are absolutly right, If he was set up we should be able to find out. From what I understand, he is saying that the NAACP sent him the tape just as he showed it.

This seems unlikely but we shall see.

We know that Mr Brietbart was looking for ways to show that the NAACP was racist. If thats the case, why would he ask the NAACP for a copy of this paticular tape, when we know the original speech was not racist?

Kind of makes you wonder.

Pat

Supporter
I think Ms Sherrod has had her 15 minutes of fame but I suspect she is going to milk this cow to the last drop.
But since there is so much energy here there are some points to consider:
1. She was fired before the piece was aired on Fox.
2. The NAACP (whose meeting was the source of the tape) initially rebuked her as well. It is unlikely that Mr. Breitbart made the tape or was the original source.
3. Multiple news outlets (not just FOX) aired the piece.
4. Ms Sherrod claims that when she was told to resign, it was on orders from the White House providing linkage there and by her words, implication. Her supervisor, who directly implicated the White House, has been made unavailable for comment so the extent of that linkage is unclear. So I suspect nobody on this forum really knows.
5. Mr. Obama as president is the Chief Executive and as such, is accountable for everything that happens or fails to happen in his administration. The fact that she (or anyone else for that matter) was fired with so little due diligence is simply unacceptable and possibly illegal. Unfortunately after the Cambridge Cop "acting stupidly" episode, the narrative of Obama reacting without establishing a full fact pattern appears reinforced.
6. While I find Ms. Sherrod's references to "their kind" a bit off-putting and her solicitation to join the Department of Agriculture since nobody get fired there an indictment of the state of big government, she nonetheless was wronged in the characterization of this piece and there is enough blame to go around.

But then, when you look at the Cambridge cop, Van Jones, Stanley McChrystal; Mr. Obama seems ready willing and able to throw his subordinates under the bus. Looks like Secretary Tom Vilsack may be next.

I find it a bit amusing that those of you that still want to blame Bush for the economic crisis, the current deficit, 911, Muslim outrage, global warming, and the partisan uncivil tone in Washington want to hold Obama accountable for nothing. It reminds me of the OJ trial.

When do we talk about the "Texas" part of "Medicade and Texas”? If they secede, I plan to move there.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think its farily obvious that all these people made the same mistake, they believed what the heard from a concirvative source.

I think everyone has learned a great lesson here, DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR ON FOX! Do not believe anything you hear from selfish concervatives until it has been confirmed!

Last edited:
Back