RCR's Next car should be.....

RE: the blue car with white stripe...It this a test? Without doing any research, it reminds me of the pre-GT40 Lola, the one that Ford looked at and decided to 'hire' Broadley for a few years to do what became known as the GT40....There are also some Lotus 47/Europa lines hiding in there....a few were built into barely recognizable [ as Europa body based] race cars....I recall that the same fellow that did the GT40 body design also did the Lotus Europa, AKA, the 46 street Series One Europa,....the 47, a race variant with tube frame rear section, the 54 Series 2 early version and the 65, ;later Federalized Series 2....I don't remember the number on the last version, the Twin Cam Europa

Banks Europa still builds them, and all the race car versions that existed...
Jennifer

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I don't remember the number on the last version, the Twin Cam Europa

74 ... the speed in km/hr at which the chassis started heterodyning with even the slightest wheel imbalance. Bleah... let's get back to cars worth replicating and stay away from those that spontaneously self-destruct.

Last edited:
RE: the blue car with white stripe...It this a test? Without doing any research, it reminds me of the pre-GT40 Lola, the one that Ford looked at and decided to 'hire' Broadley for a few years to do what became known as the GT40....There are also some Lotus 47/Europa lines hiding in there....a few were built into barely recognizable [ as Europa body based] race cars....I recall that the same fellow that did the GT40 body design also did the Lotus Europa, AKA, the 46 street Series One Europa,....the 47, a race variant with tube frame rear section, the 54 Series 2 early version and the 65, ;later Federalized Series 2....I don't remember the number on the last version, the Twin Cam Europa

Banks Europa still builds them, and all the race car versions that existed...
Jennifer

Your good :thumbsup:
but I don't believe their are or are many replica's from the Lola mk6 GT

and its such a beauty, specialy when you make it better with the today know-how.

look at this nice rear-end

Lola-Mk6-GT_4_large.jpg

Indeed those Lotus europa's are also nice specialy the banks versions 47 but for me even more the banks s62

gtr_17.jpg

they also can be delivered with v8.

more here

Banks Type 62

This IS all well and fun, but the question still begs....What should RCRs next car be? I'm sure Fran already knows!...and I'm also sure it wont be a Lotus...Banks has that well covered. Will it be a post 917 Porsche, such as a 956 or 962??? Did I hear that somewhere????

Much of the door was shared between the Lola Mk6, the Europa, and with minor skin alterations to include the scoop lead-in and the 'roof' also the GT40.

I agree the color of that Banks 62 is one that only it's mother could love...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
OK...the next cars from RCR will be the SL-Razor...a new body and revamped version of the popular SL-Roadster...and very soon a 962 track only car....(no ground clearance...and no plans to make it taller...sorry chaps/ladies) ...this has been mentioned elsewhere..

I am not limiting the 962 style car to a Porsche engine .... opening it upto all comers...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You're such a tease Fran.... :)

((but some pictures might be nice!))

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
All in good time....the new Razor is bitchin'...

We have been building an SL-R a week for quite some time now and the new body and updated chassis and suspension will raise the stakes...and sales even more...(I hope)

I am going to have a SL-Razor,SL-Nemesis and an SL-C at SEMA this year..

If all works out Miguel Duhamel will be on hand to demo the cars too....fingers crossed.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
962? Oh >>insert expletive<<....I feel a tug on my wallet....Fran, I need to be able to retire at some point so quit this crap!

Later in the life of the 962 there was a proposal, which reached mockup stage, to replace the flat 6 with a twin turbo v8 based on the block from the 928. About 4.5 litres at the time but I'm sure it would have wound up being 5 litres just like the sauber.

Unfortunately the idea came at a time when Porsche management was considering taking a back seat from sports car racing and the diminishing competitiveness of the 962 made up their mind for them.

Shame really, but hey, now it's up to fran's imagination!

(not sure I'd use the current Porsche V8, but stranger things have won the Daytona 24Hrs.....):idea:

Many years ago I watched a 956 or 962 burn to the ground at Portland International Raceway....So sad....

I can't wait to see Fran's version....I suppose with suspension geometry that will be correct for really wide race tires, given the intended use as a track only car ....

JC

Actually the ALMS Audi and Peugeot run some pretty beefy meat 14.5W by 18 DIA if I'm not mistaken. Which is about the width the 962 ran in their day. By comparison the NASCAR DP cars are a bit wimpy with only 12.5 inch rears.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The ALMS Ford GT2 runs the same size wheels as we do on the track SLC...11 front and 13 rears...We are running the same size tyres on the LMP Panoz SL-C later in the year at Thunderhill....
I guess I should have been more clear and said GT not LMP in the ALMS series....just to keep Rob happy....rockonsmile

Last edited:
LOL -That all went horribly wrong, where is that delete or at least an edit button???

:) I'm so predictable... like the old Wendy's hamburger commercial "Where's the beef?"
Tell us more about the running of the SLC at Chunderhill, what is the Panoz connection? What dates will the car be running there?

Will there be an SLC parking coral at the event? Not. ;)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Rob,

the SL-C will be running in the 25 hour race early Dec. it
has an EX 24hr Le Mans Panoz engine and Xtrac sequential 6 speed transaxle with a Flat shift system also.
There are three DP drivers signed up to drive the car...and we will be running it to help raise money and awareness for the Semper fi fund. Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund | Home

It would be nice to see your car there too...

Back