My RCR "DPE-962X" 8500 RPM -1500HP Engine Build *lots of pics*

Alex,

I will incorporate one of these into the build for the front only. It will raise the car 4-5 inches.

kwv3vrh2.jpg

Perry

Perry, if I hadn't seen your builds on Corvette forum, I would say you were certifiably insane. Well, I still may say that, but...I love it! Very cool

This car will feature more HP than any actual roadracing car that I ever heard of. It will be an interesting exersize and a show stopper for sure. Trying to extract and use that kind of power on a road course racetrack. Yowwwza..... should be fun.

thanks for sharing

We have a nice stand alone lift kit available .... www.ramlftpro.com

I have used it on my SL-C for the last 2 1/2 years with no issues...

Fran, I remember you telling me about that kit a while back. I'll go with that one since you already have it street tested and fitted on basically the same suspension setup that will be going in the 962.
BTW, that link you posted to it doesn't work.

Thanks Rob, Mike, RM. I glad to share this build with you all.

Do you guys want to see pics the machining of the Dart billet block or just the assembly pics when it's ready to put together ?

Perry

We want to see all pics of the machining of the Dart billet block - from the start to the end ! please ....

You'd need to have adequate droop in the suspension to utilize all that travel. I doubt your car could even be lifted that much. The Ram-Pro system Fran offers is more than adequate given the suspension limitations. This ain't no Corvette.
I will incorporate one of these into the build for the front only. It will raise the car 4-5 inches.

kwv3vrh2.jpg

Alex,

Perry

Sooooooo, stupid question, but is your intent to actually drive it on the street? If so, I envy your courage - I don't know where you live, but up here a lift kit on there would be up 24/7 - I'd make it down my driveway, couldn't make down the country road i live on (little dip), definately couldn't make it down the next country road (bumps, small upheaves in the road), definately couldn't make it onto the highway (too many slight dips)........I think I'd need to order about 10 front clips from Fran just incase ,lol!

Ken, thanks for the fixed link ...

You'd need to have adequate droop in the suspension to utilize all that travel. I doubt your car could even be lifted that much. The Ram-Pro system Fran offers is more than adequate given the suspension limitations. This ain't no Corvette.

Dave,

This ain't no Triangle either. :D

I took droop into consideration when looking at this other lift kit and it lifts up to 5", not 5" or down. The cylinder is about an inch thick. If it was a real 962 suspension with only a couple inches of total travel that would be a big problem. Frans setup has more room to play with.
Anyway, I will be going with the coil-over mounted kit Fran is using since it fits and is tested, Check out post # 86.

I am going to make thin replaceable Teflon skid rails and place them strategically on the low points under the car to help when I do scrape which is almost unavoidable on a low street car.

Guy's, I'm going to drive this car when it's done. It's not going to be a garage queen. If I need to replace an aluminum skid plate or do a little fiberglass work every once in a while to repair any chips or cracks etc. so be it. You only live once and I'm not leaving this car to someone else after I :angel: to drive it like it was meant to be driven :veryangry: .

Alex,

I'll drive my other car around the Chicago area and plot out all the nicely paved and even roads on my GPS. Then I can make a grid of the Chicago area where I can drive the 962 with lift system down.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am excited for Perry to pull the pin on building a car with this kind of performance....

It should be a true monster when done...

I took one of the RCR guys to see an original 962 the other day....he had never been able to be "hands on" with a real one...

He was quite surprised.....

I'll drive my other car around the Chicago area and plot out all the nicely paved and even roads on my GPS. Then I can make a grid of the Chicago area where I can drive the 962 with lift system down.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wish you the best of luck with that idea :D

Btw, I still think boost is cheating - big n/a cubes or bust :D

If I remember correctly, there is 4 inches total travel in my front suspension. So given 2 inches of compression only leaves 2 inches for hydraulic lift.

Have you thought of just running E85 as a sole source of fuel?
You get the availability and price of regular pump fuel and the higher octane rating of race gas plus the additional benefit of a cooler intake charge. I'm not sure but I'd think E85 is readily available in the midwest unlike hear in NorCal where there are only 3 places to get. Besides, after diluting the race gas with the lower octane stuff, your octane rating won't be any higher than the 105 rating of E85 so it is really a wash in that case.

If you're determined to run a dual fuel system, you may also want to consider methanol as the secondary source of fuel. Not only does it have a higher octane rating, it substantially cools the intake charge taking some load off of the IC system; very beneficial to a turbo-rear-engined application like what we have. Many drag racers that run straight methanol don't even use an IC at all. Food for thought.

This ain't no Triangle either. :D
I know, and it makes me sad to think about someone with the courage to be different and the resources to make it happen that you'd "settle" on a LS based engine when a turbo charged 4-rotor making the same power and 2k more rpm could be had for less :D

Back