Mirrors and rear view cameras

John
I tried the same type of setup(trial) using the license plate camera from a unit I had on my truck. It would fit the third brake light barely and you could see the strech in the plastic.
What is your field of view?? 90, 120, 180?? I want a good camera(I believe they call them "surface mount") on the top of the car. So it will be a little larger. What kind of pic are you getting with your setup. Is the camera you are using a lp unit? Is it using infrared lights?? Do you think the cameera would be more stable if put on the spyder? I think it would help with the cable run. Most of the shops give a ton of wiring so lenght is not an issue.
If you could, can you give us some of your driving impressions?

Bill
Bill,

My setup would be much more stable if mounted on the spyder - I didn't want to mount it there because I was afraid of leaks into the body compartment if I drilled holes to mount the third break light. I mounted my camera in the third break light housing that I got on ebay - it comes off a Pontiac I believe. The cable run is an issue but not hard to solve. The unit (camera,LCD mirror, wiring, etc) came from a company out of China for about $100. If you're interested, I can give you the contact information.

Other than the vibration (a spyder mount would solve that), it works pretty good - because of the top mounting, it gives a pretty good panorama of whats behind you since the GT40 sits so low!

The mirror is a combination LCD panel and mirror and a large size which I like!

John

Back