Guess who gave this speech.

big surprise!

Don't be so f88king offensive. What's wrong with me agreeing with him? I have disagreed before now. Unlike you, I have a mind that is open to other peoples ideas and a willingness to learn.

One day I may even agree with you Al. Be careful Sir, that Horse you rode in on is mighty high.

Sometimes I really want to just say TWAT!

But then I think being diplomatic works best.....:dead:
Mark, I know... I really do...

but you'd be wasting your time. Some people are here for enlightened debate, and some don't have the juice upstairs to do it. I'll let you decide who I'm referring to.

Cheers pal,

Graham.

Haven't been here for a while but the contempt and vitriolic language coming from the lefties is really getting out of hand. Just plain nasty. I guess you guys have been reading your Alinsky, particularly Rule #5.

JeffYoung I ask you, have you ever attended a Tea Party event, or are you just regurgitating what you've seen and heard portrayed in the media? Please answer this question directly. I was at one of the first Tea Party events on Boston Common on April 15 a few years ago, and all I saw were respectable looking citizens who were concerned about the rate and manner in which their tax dollars were being spent, and about the apparent decline in personal responsibility as a core value of the American people. There were a few black folks there, but not many. The only troublemakers there were leftists who were trying to shout down the speakers and generally disrupt the event. I saw no racist slogans, or pictures of Obama as Hitler, only peaceful, respectful assembly of people who truly believe their country is on the wrong track. I got the distinct impression that if the rally had been held on a weekend there would have been a lot more attendees, but most of these radical Tea Party types have actual jobs that they go to every day.

To compare the Tea Party movement to the statists and anarchists who want to blame wall street for all of our problems and who have had 500 of their ilk arrested recently in NYC demonstrates a profound lack of understanding of the issues and the people involved. I suggest you engage both sides in the real world and make up your mind who you would rather see exert an influence on US policy rather than listen to what the media are telling you.

Haven't been here for a while but the contempt and vitriolic language coming from the lefties is really getting out of hand. Just plain nasty. I guess you guys have been reading your Alinsky, particularly Rule #5.

JeffYoung I ask you, have you ever attended a Tea Party event, or are you just regurgitating what you've seen and heard portrayed in the media? Please answer this question directly. I was at one of the first Tea Party events on Boston Common on April 15 a few years ago, and all I saw were respectable looking citizens who were concerned about the rate and manner in which their tax dollars were being spent, and about the apparent decline in personal responsibility as a core value of the American people. There were a few black folks there, but not many. The only troublemakers there were leftists who were trying to shout down the speakers and generally disrupt the event. I saw no racist slogans, or pictures of Obama as Hitler, only peaceful, respectful assembly of people who truly believe their country is on the wrong track. I got the distinct impression that if the rally had been held on a weekend there would have been a lot more attendees, but most of these radical Tea Party types have actual jobs that they go to every day.

To compare the Tea Party movement to the statists and anarchists who want to blame wall street for all of our problems and who have had 500 of their ilk arrested recently in NYC demonstrates a profound lack of understanding of the issues and the people involved. I suggest you engage both sides in the real world and make up your mind who you would rather see exert an influence on US policy rather than listen to what the media are telling you.

You are absolutely correct in that one should try to be more objective, certainly with first hand experience. However, your own words are a good guide for yourself as well. The Tea Party itself is far from objective. Where were they when spending went out of control with the Iraq war? Where were they pointing out cronyism when Halliburton and its subsidiaries were cashing in on our tax dollars? I dare you to go read into Cheney's history with Halliburton, PNAC, the Iraq war, and the subsequent closing of PNAC after Hussein met his demise. Do your homework as I have done and then come back here and try and honestly keep your partisan position. And no, you won't find any of the above in the "liberal" main stream media.

On a second note, do you really think that voting in a republican is going to change anything to the degree that those protesters are calling for? When some of us talk about change, we mean change, not a different name of the same blood. How to get there I don't know, but it's not working for any of us the way it is.

"Haven't been here for a while but the contempt and vitriolic language coming from the lefties is really getting out of hand. Just plain nasty." That may be true, but if that's all you see then your words carry very little weight. Please read a little more because you apparently missed a lot.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
First, wait a minute....statists and anarchists protesting together? What's next, cats and dogs making love in the streets? You realize those are two completely opposite philosophies right?

Have I personally been to a Tea Party rally? Hell no. Why would I go to something at which things like this go on (not yours, don't doubt yours was "peaceful and respectful" but a large portion of them see to have not been):

Tea Party's Most Offensive & Racist Signs - YouTube

TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racism - YouTube

GLENN BECK'S RALLY: What The Media Won't Show You - Teabagger Bigots - YouTube

Like I said I want NEITHER bunch of these wackos -- the ones wanting to burn down Wall Street and the ones wanting to put us in default in order to get Obama out -- having anything to do with running the country.

I'll say this. I think the Tea Party ORIGINALLY had some good to say and do. Reduce government and spending. I can get behind that to a degree. But I can't get behind what it has morphed into, or what its present goals appear to be.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think the problem is that any individual polititian and even government, never really have any sincere interest in the long-term. It's the same with any major issue such as energy, climate etc etc. They are just individuals trying like the rest of us to feather their own nests for their own personal futures.

Governments employ hoards of advisors and I am quite certain that they don't need my input or opinions to know what is going on. What other reasons could there befor them ignoring history and it's repeated lessons?

It seems that only the truly Ancient civilizations and their leaders, really grasped the notion of long-term. Who these days would build the Pyramids or partake in a plan to build a rail-road across America? No-one! Our modern-day leaders are just after quick gratification the same way they seek a BJ on a Saturday evening.

Sad but true, well said Mark.

No cross-dressing comments guys, but reading all these points of view, I simply don't know whether I am left or right in the American sense of the term. Sometimes they all sound so similar, unless you read back through everything, I forget who I agree with!

The purest form of propeganda is the type that slips in without you noticing!

Back