Wot, no yanks????

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I found it interesting that when Ron posted his "Do we need an Paddock"-type thread, the only ones who even posted apologies for the rather dark nature of the political content in the Paddock were we "muck-sucking liberals", many of whom were y'all fine Brits!

I doubt we'll be seeing many of them in the Paddock. I did surf into LB's profile page and see that he and Al and Domtoni seem to have formed a mutual admiration society (not that there's anything wrong with that), so I would expect them to act as a "bloc" rather than independently.

Wish I had more to contribute to the topics posted by y'all Brits, but you know how it is....Jim and I are attempting to hold down the groundswell of radical conservatism here in the U.S. In fact, if you get world news, you'll see that we have incited political "sit-ins" on Wall Street here in the U.S. by the unwashed liberal masses, protests against the rampant greed displayed by the conservative movement and their banking fat-cat friends (there is even discussion to the effect that the members of that "movement" may form a fringe political party, to counteract the "TEA party").

Rest assured, though, that your contributions are read, at least by me. What I wonder is how long it will take new members to figure out that there even IS a Paddock section....we may see lower numbers due to this. I often speculate that LB joined only to incite mayhem on the Paddock (not that there is anything wrong with that, if you're reading this LB), but that is pure speculation on my part.

Onward through the fog, comrades!!

Cheers from Doug!!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ya see, the thing is, us conservatives have given up trying to convince you libs of the error of your ways. Were just waiting................... to vote the rest of you out.

I too thought it highly interesting that Al, Bob et al remained conspicuous by their abscence in the "Do we need the paddock thread". And not a peep since.

Seriously though you guys. Looking in from the outside, I suspect the only way for Americans to save America, is to stop wearing badges of honour and allegience to parties of any side of the table. The west is in the shitter, you do not stand alone. However, from what I read and see, your attitudes remind me of Pre-War Germany. Scary.

True responsibilty does not acknowledge 'Blame'.

I too thought it highly interesting that Al, Bob et al remained conspicuous by their abscence in the "Do we need the paddock thread". And not a peep since.

Seriously though you guys. Looking in from the outside, I suspect the only way for Americans to save America, is to stop wearing badges of honour and allegience to parties of any side of the table. The west is in the shitter, you do not stand alone. However, from what I read and see, your attitudes remind me of Pre-War Germany. Scary.

True responsibilty does not acknowledge 'Blame'.

You're on a roll today pal! I couln't agree more.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I doubt we'll be seeing many of them in the Paddock. I did surf into LB's profile page and see that he and Al and Domtoni seem to have formed a mutual admiration society (not that there's anything wrong with that), so I would expect them to act as a "bloc" rather than independently.
Posted By Doug

Doug, with Al, Crag and Domtoni all walking in lock step with LB, I no longer see a need point out their misconceptions.

Their words, odd view of history and odd personal attacks have done much to discredit them and destroy our little discussion group.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
YANKS? We don't need no steenking YAN.... errr.... Wait a second...... ((Ahem))...

Another YANK chiming in here....

Pete - a hero to many.... :thumbsup:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
One more Yank checking in. First, Pete, awesome post. Second, despite appearances to the contrary, I really wish these car forums didn't have political forums. I'd rather not know that all my online friends are conservative nutjobs, just like I'm sure they don't want to know I am (in some ways) a liberal retard.....lol.....

Best car forum I visit is a Dodge Charger (the old one) forum and it doesn't allow any of this. I think that is best actually.

Last, I agree with Mark. We were once a country that was mostly united on basic issues. We really seem to have lost that and seem torn apart by politics. A shame. The US and the UK should lead the world in being an example for civil democracy, and at least here in the US I think we are failing. Sad.

But there's always things like Pete's post to brighten a day.....

I found it interesting that when Ron posted his "Do we need an Paddock"-type thread, the only ones who even posted apologies for the rather dark nature of the political content in the Paddock were we "muck-sucking liberals", many of whom were y'all fine Brits!

Wish I had more to contribute to the topics posted by y'all Brits, but you know how it is....Jim and I are attempting to hold down the groundswell of radical conservatism here in the U.S. In fact, if you get world news, you'll see that we have incited political "sit-ins" on Wall Street here in the U.S. by the unwashed liberal masses, protests against the rampant greed displayed by the conservative movement and their banking fat-cat friends (there is even discussion to the effect that the members of that "movement" may form a fringe political party, to counteract the "TEA party").

Rest assured, though, that your contributions are read, at least by me. What I wonder is how long it will take new members to figure out that there even IS a Paddock section....we may see lower numbers due to this. I often speculate that LB joined only to incite mayhem on the Paddock (not that there is anything wrong with that, if you're reading this LB), but that is pure speculation on my part.

Onward through the fog, comrades!!

Cheers from Doug!!

Hey, Doug, if you look at the info to the left of this post, you'll see that I've been a member here since March of 2005. If you look to the left of your posts, you'll see you've been a member since March of 2006! So, according to your theory, I joined six years ago with the intent of inciting mayhem on the Paddock, hmm. So, does that mean that after me being a member for one year you vibed my future intentions and joined so that you'd be ready to call me out five + years later? Good call Sherlock!

As to the fact that I have three friends on my profile page, I see you have four friends, one of which is the evil Craik!!!!!!!!! Horrors, what kind evil cabal have YOU got going!?!?!??!?

And as to your "unwashed liberal mass" buddies, I dare you to ride up within arms reach of these folks in you shiny, expensive, conspicuous over consumption wheels and see what they do, because Doug, to them, you're the enemy too. You've got stuff, and they think it should be theirs.

I often wonder why all these old Hippies revel in anarchy. Could it be that their mothers didn't let them go to Woodstock and now all they have is living their lives vicariously through the antics of a bunch of addeled youth who don't even know what they are demonstrating for?

Back