Thread: P1001
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2012, 09:16 AM  
jazzyspies
5 Tenths
United Kingdom

GT40: P/1042
Re: P1001

Happy New Year. Latest is the workshop in NZ took safe delivery of the 20' container before Christmas and will begin the reconstruction next week. I've been re-reading this thread and to be honest, it's been going on for so long, I'd forgotten about some of those parts.. or perhaps it's my memory fading! I do have a correction to make however- I stated the engine was out of 1041. This has now been proven to be wrong. The short motor is out of a Gt40 raced by Belgium racing driver, Jean Blaton, but it's 1042. He owned 1042 in the late 1980s/early 90s. Mathwall Engineering used to look after 1042 when painted yellow, hence the slight confusion in records. I've now got hold of original rocker shafts, that period JWA new/old stock gasket set and some very interesting photographs of 1001, which I'll post as soon as I get chance. I've also written an article which has been published in a couple of classic car magazines about the project. However, you can read it for yourselves by visiting the GT40 Enthusiasts Club's website- GT40 Enthusiasts Club - Front Page I hope you enjoy the article, which details the reconstruction to date. It's still hoped the car will return to the UK for the Le Mans Classic in July. but time will tell.. Best wishes for 2012. Andrew
jazzyspies is offline   Reply With Quote