Expertise requested about Snap-on tools

I am doing research on Snap-on tools and I was hoping to be able to speak with a couple mechanics that use Snap-0n. Is anyone willing to help me?

Seth,
I have a bunch of Snap-on tools in my box they are of great quality.
The problem is that to exchange them you have to find a dealer.
Finding a dealer is easy if you owe them money but when you do not have a payment good luck exchanging the broken tooling.
I know others will have thier own thoughts.
Regards,
Mark

At my shop, Snap On is all I use. #1, because I do like the feel of the ratchets and wrenches, and #2 because my Snap-On dealer is the only one that reliably comes every week. I can't remember when the last Mac or Matco dealer was around!!
P.S. I do have a Maximiser box by Mac, because at the time of purchase, I liked the roller bearing drawer slides of the Mac over those on the Snap-On.

10 years ago, there was definitely a difference in quality with Snap On or Mac vs. the other tool companies. Now, it's pretty close. I sold my tools off when I left the trade, and got about 25% of what I paid for them. The warranty can be a pain with the dealers, they'll try to argue that you've misused or abused the tool.

I have an assortment of Snap-on, S&K, and Craftsman tools for use around the house and on personal vehicle's, but not used daily or in a shop. I perfer the Craftsman because they are easy to return if broken. I bought a 250 piece Craftsman set about 30 years ago and just took back a screwdriver with a broken tip without any problems.

Snap-on makes great quality tools, no doubt about it.

However, I find the Craftsman tools are just about as good in all respects, and they're less expensive and much more readily available. The no-questions-asked return policy is very good too, although I've only had to exchange one or two tools over the last 10 years or so due to their high quality.

I think the Craftsman stuff is made in America as well, as I recall.

Snap-ons are great tools just dont loose one. I have used Craftsman for over 40 years and never had any problems.
and they never broke the bank.

I've bought allot of Snap-on tools , Mac , Craftsman , etc ....
could own a SPF if I had .... anyway , I have a drawer of broken tools ,that now that I'm not doing the mechanic job , is kind of hard to get replaced , Snap-on included .
Have no problem at Sears .

I think the Craftsman brand is keeping Sears afloat single handedly..... If Sears didn't have Craftsman I think the whole place would be a Walmart by now!

I've had both Snap-On and Craftsman. Overall the quality relative to finish was better on both years ago but the integrity of the American made tools is still the same. Yes, Craftsman mechanics hand tools are manufactured in the US but power tools are not. I have spoken with professional team mechanics from various racing organizations....I remember a NASCAR mechanic once telling me that no matter what town the team raced in there was always a Sears nearby. Last year I replaced a 30 year old fine tooth 3/8" ratchet that was beginning to slip........no questions asked...the tool was replaced.

Back