Road America Lola T70 reunion

I would like to point out that this T70 feature at Road America is for T70 enthusiasts
which certainly includes owners of replicas. Those that might have attended the last GT40
reunion at Road America can attest to the fact that they were well embraced as an integral
part of the ongoing heritage.

GTPVette

Supporter
Already have my tickets and a golf cart reserved! FIL and I will be up Friday evening. Really looking forward to this!

As I have never been to a road course event before what level of tickets should a spectator purchase to be able to check out the cars in the pits?
And are there any age limits for children as my son will be 15 going to this event.

Thanks,
Mark

General admission should get you everywhere you need to go which does include the paddock.
The hot pits are there as well for viewing.
You will be doing a LOT of walking though. Sunscreen, bugspray,
comfortable shoes, etc should prepare you to hike around 750 acres as
you watch neat cars from different perspectives.
Roadamerica.com does have a list of places to stay on the website.
Fantastic events Friday and Saturday night in downtown Elkhart Lake with
The Road and Track Concours. Your 15 year old will come in handy to fetch you bratwursts, and beer if he looks old enough.

Johan,
Great information,
This event sounds like a landspeed racing event as the spectators can also be in the pits.
Should be a great road trip with lots of race cars to see.
Regards,
Mark

The spectators can be in the paddock, from where they can view the hot pit lane just 10 feet away. The paddock should have about 350 race cars that will run in 10 different groups. There is plenty of opportunity to see the cars up close and talk with the drivers and see the cars in great detail as they are worked on during the race weekend. The actual hot pits are dangerous to mosey around in.
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Johan,

Tried to PM you, but your PM inbox is full. Would really appreciate if you could drop me an e-mail; julian_kift(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks,

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I plan on being there Friday and Saturday. I have a hotel reservation, about 15 minutes from the track, that I am getting ready to cancel if anybody needs one. My wife is going now, so I have changed some plans around.

Regards Brian

I think it is going to be a great event as usual. To see an entry list go to RoadAmerica.com and select "competitors", then select "The Hawk witth Brian Redman", and then you have access to the entry list and schedule. Can Am cars are group 1 and Lola T70s are group 7. Went over the list with Brian Redman this morning at breakfast, as we happen to be at the same event, and besides him telling fantastic stories about racing back in the day, it appears that there should be about 25-30 T70s is attendance with about 20 of those racing. The front of the pack should be very competitive between Duncan Dayton, Peter Kitchak and Toby Bean.

I will be there again, racing #113 - a '69 MG. I will be hauling it around 3500 miles and am planning on stopping by RCR on the way home...hoping to finally commit to my GT40 build!!! I was there for the GT40 reunion and had the opportunity to be a concourse judge...and my group? GT40...awesome!!!!

Brian,
Your canceling your reservations!!!
Does that mean you are camping with a tent now??:)

Just Joking.
I should be there with the old Blue Suburban in the camping area.
Looking forward to meeting the people of both the GT40 forum and the FFcars forum over the weekend.
Regards,
Mark

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mark !

No, I'm coming across on the ferry Wendesday night. I've been told, the Millwauke zoo is really nice. So, I have elected to stay closer to Milllwauke, and drive the 50 miles or so daily. Plan on the after race party downtown, when the race cars are driven from the track to town.
It's a cool event, and I think you will enjoy it.

Regards Brian

Johan,

A friend of mine and a past IMSA driver just bought a T70 spyder. I think he is planning on going to Rd America in a few weeks with us. I hope to bring my Cheetah too. See you there I hope!

Casey Putsch

I will be there as well running my 74 Porsche RSR #43 and my Datsun 510 #21. Stop by and say hello in the paddock.

Brian

Back