GT Forte Feedback

I hope you guys have better luck with Darren George that a lot of others have had over the years wth orders paid for and not being fulfilled then Darren doing a disapearing act. Just go to Locost Bulders Forum and do a search for Darren George. I would normally post something like this but its come to light he sold a house which had a number of restrictions placed upon it because of money owed by Darren George, now the present owners are suffering because of Darren Georges debt, fraud and deceipt.

A liink to the latest episode, entitled "we got f****d by Darren George"

We got f*** by Darren George

Re: JaseH's GTForte

I hope you guys have better luck with Darren George that a lot of others have had over the years wth orders paid for and not being fulfilled then Darren doing a disapearing act. Just go to Locost Bulders Forum and do a search for Darren George. I would normally post something like this but its come to light he sold a house which had a number of restrictions placed upon it because of money owed by Darren George, now the present owners are suffering because of Darren Georges debt, fraud and deceipt.

A liink to the latest episode, entitled "we got f****d by Darren George"

We got f*** by Darren George

FWIW, so far, I personally only have good things to say about Darren other than the kit is a bit late (but as I asked for some specific changes I am OK with this). Others here of late have also said good things (I did some homework before I plunked down any cash).

Not sure what to make of that link. My chassis is due to be completed (powder coated) Saturday and to ship soon. I have seen photos of the chassis modified to fit the Coyote engine so I know it exists (and I assume it's mine). I will update everyone here with what that experience is like.

Re: JaseH's GTForte

FWIW: I too have had nothing but good things to say about Darren. I've ordered a set of his chassis drawings and some suspension bits from him with no problems.

Watching this build with a lot of interest.

Guys, I moved the posts out of Jase's build log. If you want to give feedback on a vendor, please do it in this forum, not someone's build log.

I don't mean to criticise anyone in particular either in this thread or in any other similar threads that seem to have been been posted on other forums in the past about Darren George but even if we put aside the libel laws that are in place to protect against this kind of activity, I strongly disagree in posting dangerous and critical 2nd hand hear-say which discredits people generally.

After reading all the previous gossip myself that had been posted on Darren I still decided to deal with him on a few items and then built the business to various more complex items and projects over the past year or so and can honestly say that (a) the man is a highly skilled engineer with reams of experience and knowledge (b) he is completely passionate about his work and has totally good intentions with everything he does, (c) provides an extremely good value for money, and (d) has been totally reliable on everything he has done for me to date.

In my own career I often come across people who set themselves up in business but make the common mistake of expanding their activities too quickly and then simply running our of working capital to be able to service everyone. In my opinion this seems to be exactly what happened in the past with Darren George, but the modern danger that people in this situation face (with the delight of having the internet available as judge jury and executioner!) is that all these short term problems seem to get set in stone via permanent destructive comments being posted on internet forums, which everyone else seems to then take a Gospel and continually refers back to as 'fact'.

I would say that we all need to keep a more open mind when it comes to reviewing critical internet postings. We should use our common sense and certainly not simply rely on obvious emotional comments that have been placed a long time ago as these are nothing more than unsubstantiated gossip.

Business in the UK is extremely tough at the moment for most people so to criticise anyone who has the gumption to set up and run a passionate business like this is very unfair in my view.
I would say is you should try him out directly yourselves like I have done and then if you are unhappy you can criticise, but from my own experience I don't believe that you will be disappointed. Many many customers already have dealt with Darren successfully over recent years and are completely satisfied.

He has clearly invested heavily in setting up his business. I have no personal interest in Darren's success but I just cant understand why all these unfair & destructive comments keep reappearing.

I just think that the man needs a bit of a break from all this nonsense.

Just 10 days ago I saw the chassis Darren was preparing for the Coyote engine mentioned in one of the above postings and it looks just fantastic.

The current projects Darren is working on for me include retrospectively fitting a roll cage to a Tornado & making new stronger Tornado wishbones, providing a bespoke alloy panel kit for a modified GTD spaceframe chassis, working on a Gulf spec rear clip for me with extra wide wheel arches. Plus he has been successfully supplying me with a few bespoke non GT40 related items.

I have the use of various local engineers all of which are just 5 minutes from where I live but instead I choose to spend time and money to drive 60 miles away so I can deal with Darren instead.

But anyway, that's the end of my moaning session. This just seemed to hit on a nerve for me!

Keith

Totally agree that comments re: vendors should be in the first person, not hearsay or third party.

Hi

I've purchased a GT40 body and chassis plans from Darren. I'd seen a few comments (negative and positive) on various forums prior to making my decision to go with him, but I'm happy to give most people at least one chance.

Throughout the process, Darren always replied to me promptly, answered any queries and kept me up to date on time scales. I think he's offering a good product at a reasonable price.

When I picked the body up, I though he was a genuinely nice bloke.

I appreciate the points raised. Issues around Darrens trading ability have been raised time and time again, the issues on the house sale and other dubious practices are very current, there is no smoke without fire as they say and would suggest this is more substantive than nonsense. In terms of third party posting I've been involved with other traders that fail to deliver, SDR being one of them, and do not wish the stress and grief this causes and creates on anyone hence my post here. In terms of what you choose to do with the information is really up to you, I feel at the very least, I've done the right thing by bringing it to your attention.

All the best with your projects

...the issues on the house sale and other dubious practices are very current...

Actually, I had a look at the link and the house sale was over four years ago and I'm not sure how the person buying it didn't know up front (they sure would have in the US at least where I live).

While I appreciate you pointing out potential problems, and I'm sure others do too, you do have to realize that we have to weigh what you say against what other posters here have said as well. You may be dead on accurate (and gosh, I sure hope not) but you only have two total posts and both of those are negative ones against one seller (although he is local to you I think). That does make one wonder a bit.

Thanks for the heads up and well wishes. Hope you are wrong though and so far from my experience, I think you are as it relates at least to his GT40 business.

A poster's post count shouldn't be cause for concern. But IT IS I'm afraid. To pop in here and attack (or warn against dealing with) a vendor of any size or shape, is extremely suspect, if that is your only post here. For all I know, you could be on the verge of placing a similar product on the market and simply wish to discredit another vendor in the run-up to your launch? I doubt that is the case, but hey, who knows?

All I can say, is that if you slandered me or my business in public like this, you would soon know all about how it feels to spend every last penny you have on a Lawyer!

I can only speak from personal experience with dealing with Darren George. I was fully aware of what was written about him on various forums before I placed my order but after knowing several people had dealt with him on here fine and that he was always very helpful in his posts on here I though it was worth placing the order.

I ordered my kit on the 27th February this year, I sent my deposit and he said it would be approximately 8 - 10 weeks for delivery. While on holiday in Australia I received an email on the 2nd April from Darren saying the kit was complete. On return I contacted Darren and arranged to pick up the car on the 14th April. I arrived at his yard with a checklist of stuff that I should receive and ticked it off as I loaded the van. I couldnt fit the ali sheet in the van and he had the wrong colour springs, those were the things not ticked of on my list and It was decided that my brother would pick up the sheet when he was working in the area.

Due to various circumstances it was not possible to get my ali sheet picked up so it was agreed that Darren would give me an cost equivalent or discount on another item. In the meantime I discovered that I was missing some fixings. I mentioned this to Darren and these were sent to me together with the correct colour springs. I decided to have the ali discount on the uprights and these also arrived within a few weeks (Darren said order was delayed as he was awaiting the bearings).

I have generally found him to be a helpful and likeable chap, ok he's not always the easiest guy to get hold of but then again he's a busy bloke with other customers to deal with as well. If I continue to get the same service as above then I will be happy to keep on dealing with him.

Darren George - GTS Tuning

Very out of my league, but have to defend myself. Thank you to Mike C for his comments and information on this site. My husband and I bought 9 Wheler Court from Darren George in 2008, the restriction problem was not sorted by either solicitor and did not come to light until we got a bill from our mortgage company in 2010. In the meantime because the title deeds were not in our name a courier company from essex whacked a restriction on the deeds thinking they were still in the name of Darren George for £1067. Insult to injury really. Unfortnately, yes it can happen in the UK. So to cut long story short, with my help our mortgage company have sorted deeds in to our names and charged us £8000 for the priviledge as our solicitors went bankrupt. Recently we have discovered that on our new deeds is a new restriction that we have to pay back our mortgage company for paying off DG's courier bill of £1067 which will obviously incur solictor charges to submit removal to Land Registry. I have tried my best to contact DG, letters from Dutch Barn Upstreet returned. We have had numerous letters from clients citing our house in legal proceedings against DG. I have even had a personal message on Locost Builders from someone pretending not to be DG saying he is in debt and I can join the q of people getting £1 a month payment. I do not wish to discredit anyone, but need to locate DG in the hope that he will honour the debt to his courier company in Essex. I for one am a nice person, who is never nasty and who never owes or borrows money, and I don't do debts or upsetting anyone. Whilst I like cars, kit cars are not really my thing. All I wanted was for DG to honour his courier bill and to make sure everyone knew he doesn't live in "our" house any more. T :sad:

Keith

Your irrelevant problems have nothing to do with this site or the people on it.

There are many avenues in the UK you can explore to seek retribution for your perceived problems, but this site is not one of them.

Please also be aware of libel laws in the United Kingdom specifically as it applies to statements made on public boards..

Thank you Captain Hardy - can't be libel if they are true I would assume, but I will take on your comments and we appreciate your honesty. T

Keith

A court would have to decide that, but we can't on GT40's.com, and that is why I think it actually weakens your case to make posts like these.

If you have a case, the small claims court would be the correct place to seek a judgement. It can be done electronically on-line via the Northampton Crown Court and would cost little more than £80.

Visit: https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I agree with Capt Hardy (Keith).
I am very sympathetic to the problems you face as I have experienced similar difficulties myself after purchasing our home some years ago but based on what you have stated I would say you need to take this up directly with your solicitors as they do not appear to have carried out their responsibilities adequately in correctly registering your title to the property in question and/or carrying out the relevant searches beforehand on your behalf. If your solicitors are no longer around then you are at liberty to take the issue up directly with the Law Society who are there to protect clients against situations where solicitors appear to have failed in their duties. Ways & means are also available through the land registry to Object against Restrictions being incorrectly placed on a property. But at the end of the day I would respectfully state that even though there are always two sides to any story and we have only heard a small piece from one side of the fence, this is a totally irrelevant issue to be discussing on the GT40s forum in the first place as it has absolutely nothing do do with any GT40 vendors' transaction.
I am sorry to appear to tear you down and wish you all the best in resolving the issues, but maybe consider the Law Society approach as you may find that insurances are still in place for the old solicitors firm in order that you can seek a simple compensation solution in the event of any professional negligence.

Thank you for your help, have done all that I'm afraid. Have inappropriately been searching websites as I can't find him that's all - perhaps it is time to give up? T

Only you can decide if you should give up or not. From personal experience, I suggest that you can only decide by considering the cost and effort needed to keep up the fight, balanced against the expected outcome vs. quality of life during the fight. Justice per se does not exist when it comes down to suing someone. It is simply one big trade-off. But trawling the www for help may not be the best approach. As said above, the Law Society exists for this very reason. I have found them to be very helpful, but not totally disimilar to dealing with any other legal operation. It gets real old, real quick! Regardless of your solicitor having gone bankrupt, they would have had insurance for the time they were in practice. It does not matter that insurance may now have lapsed since, only that they had cover at the time they represented you. Good luck

Back