Monterey 2012

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for the info Mike, hope to see you around one of the events. I am bringing my 348 Ferrari, the wife and I really don't care where we park, we plan on having a good time while in Monterey no matter what we are in.

Would love to do this some year - if a stinky old Pantera would be welcome. Unfortunately, I'm trying to button up the motor refresh and will be in Calif this Wed (family bizz) so two trips don't seem possible this year.

No offense intended to the Fcar guys . . . . someone was looking for a sticker.

Lots of pictures, please? Drive safely.

DSCN4543-vi.jpg

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I envy you guys, another 2 year wait to Le Mans Classic.....
Is your event every year ?
Have a friend who came over to Le Mans this year, i believe he will be attending your event, god knows what car he will take, he has a choice of several original Cobra's. Bloody rich bar steward...
Anyway you guys, i wish you lots of rain, snow, hurricanes and all of God's wrath..
:thumbsup:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
David mi casa tu casa, we need a get together and a wine country tour. Maybe next year if you can.

Very funny. :)

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Sorry Charlie I read over your post, the Monterey event happens every year about the same time in August, its called car week by the locals but during that time they have the historical races at Laguna Seca and also 2 or 3 major auctions but to top it off they have pebble beach concours d'elegance car show. The tickets are $200 per person, I went one time 20 years ago when it was $100 and will say its outstanding but now I just hope to see it on TV for free. They also have another car show for Italian cars (but all cars are invited) which I really enjoy.

Monterey is pretty even climate that time of year and usually doesn't get above 75 F and normally sunny after 11 am but the Pacific coast has fog early on. Wonder for cars.

You should try to make it once in your life if you can, but bring a pocket of money, Monterey is not cheap durning that week.

Ben, I like the one Jim seen it said "I love Ferrari's....Taste just like chicken" I am going to look for that one at the car event. I love all cars and have many different makes, all I have to do is change a car and a hat and I can fit in with anyone.

Hey

Should any of you be at Quail on Friday we'll be there with 002.

Attachments

• 537495_380366658667260_142273435809918_1109855_458319430_n.jpg
    537495_380366658667260_142273435809918_1109855_458319430_n.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 321
I'll be there, in the paddock with a Lola T70 (Surtees Red with white arrow #3) so stop in and take a rest in the shade if you happen to walk by. Lots of walking to be done there with no golf carts !

FYI - the Pre-Reunion is held the weekend before the Reunion. This is basically a track day weekend for a lot of the drivers before the big weekend. This is open paddock from Friday to Thursday - the only entry charge is to the Monterey County Park (Laguna Seca). Thursday is the day everyone not already set up comes to the pits. Racing begins the 17th - 19th. and is when the paying public comes in. If you want to see the cars close and personal, the Pre-Reunion weekend is the ticket or from the 13th through the 16th although no one will be on track. I probably won't have my CAV there but I will be racing my red and yellow 1964 Triumph Spitfire. Stop by my pit and introduce yourselves. I'll be there from the 10th to the 20th.

Tom Turner
CAV 1A32MONOB66

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Be sure to check out the very cool "special" 917 we designed and built....it will be shown through SLOTMODS...it may only make it Pebble Beach but the goal is both venues.

Would love to do this some year - if a stinky old Pantera would be welcome. Unfortunately, I'm trying to button up the motor refresh and will be in Calif this Wed (family bizz) so two trips don't seem possible this year.

No offense intended to the Fcar guys . . . . someone was looking for a sticker.

Lots of pictures, please? Drive safely.

DSCN4543-vi.jpg

It was me. Nice.

Hi guys,

Word from the Nor-Cal Shelby Club. This will be an INCREDIBLE event!!!!! :shocked:

Orion wrote the following:

We have closed admission ticket and Corral pass sales today.

Tickets are still available through the Track

Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Remember the price goes up at the gate so get them in advance. You can still come and watch the racing and tour the Corrals but you’ll be in general parking. If you want to attend with your car on Friday or Sunday I may still have Corral passes for those days. I can be reached at [email protected] or by phone 925-516-2443. I will also be attending Mini Nats and be at the registration desk.

As of right now, Friday at about 11:30 am, we have a total of 290 cars signed up for the Corral on Saturday. I have been telling Mazda Laguna Seca we needed room for 300 cars, thinking we could be close. Of those 290 cars, 164 are Cobras including 23 are Originals (which we do have room for a few more of) and 19 are Daytona Coupe Replicas. Many GT350s & 500s originals and replicas/clones, 2 Ford GTs, 2 GT40 replicas, 10 Tigers, and a plethora of Mustangs.

Cobras will be filling the Track up for the parade laps on Saturday! There are 45 Cobras in the featured race. SCRAMP has assembled a number of very significant Cobras for display in the Paddock. A Marque Corral bursting at the seams. If that does not entice you you're in the wrong Club!

Sounds like many of us will be that the Cantina tomorrow night...how will we tell who is who? I'd enjoy meeting up with you guys.

Well, I know you, and you know me, so that's a good start. :laugh:

I'll be driving my yellow Pantera (see my avatar) with the Modena front license plate.

Jack Houpe will be there too, I think. Anybody else?

Back