GT Forte Feedback

I suspect you are getting to know me too well keith. When bored, I try my best to bore everyone else. I hate being alone! ;)

I feel sorry for Tracy, if half of what she said is true then she has really been done over. As for libel laws, I suspect that Tracy would be quite pleased for DG to take her to court. She would then know where he lived and would then be in a position to counter sue. If it was me I would have taken out a front page add in all the tabloids saying exactly what he had done.

Tracy is in a very difficult position, DG is effectively denying his own existence and not playing by the rules, this makes taking legal action against him very difficult. If he's not on the electoral register doesn't own any property, and continues to deny he lives where you suspect he lives then there is not a lot the courts can do in a civil matter. Criminal matters are a completely different kettle of fish.

I don't know Darren Gorge, and have never had any dealings with him. However I have been on kit car scene long enough to hope that it stays that way.

Keith

If it was me I would have taken out a front page add in all the tabloids saying exactly what he had done.

Only after exhausting all legitimate means in pursuing the case and having the facts proven in the proper arena.

It should also be considered that only one side of the story is 'known'. It all may be true but it flies in the face of the corner stone of English Law to effectively try them and convict them in a public arena.

Remembering also that there seem to be quite a few customers of his here who might well be nervous about this and increasingly so. Does an internet 'Kangaroo Court' care about those people too? Obviously not.

I abhor unsubstantiated & one sided witch hunts via the internet and I am not talking about who's right and whos wrong, I am talking about the immoral aspect of it.

To be honest, you might as well go and hang him from the nearest lampost - the effect is the same.

Your right Keith, but the "unsubstantiated & one sided witch hunt" has continued across many years and across many forums.

The internet is a great forum for people to share there experiences and to recommend or otherwise people or services. For years this was done by word of mouth among people. Now its done on the internet and reaches a wider audience. I believe this is all for the good. People with good reputations thrive and those with poor reputations do not.

Do the threads on this forum about Kremin welding or Jay Chushman constitute a "kangaroo court"? I don't believe so. I think these threads are there to inform people. Its still my choice weather I employ their services but at least I will do it with my eyes open.

I treat these things as "customer reviews" and in that way they are no different to the reviews you see on Amazon or look for when buying a new car or employing a builder.

In my view, I would want to see a few more positive review of Darren Gorge before I would part with a large amount of cash. That doesn't mean to say that he's not a nice guy or that his product isn't fantastic, but I don't know him and all I can go on is the reviews I have read. That is why these reviews are important, not only to me the customer but also the supplier. And if I were him I would be doing all I could to rectify the situation, because jugging from the reviews I have seen his product is very good, but his customer service leaves something to be desired.

Keith

Fair point mate, but you've never dealt with him, the lady that moved into his house never dealt with him professionally, and anyone who has a "consumer watch" type post from their OWN experience should post it here.

So far as I can see, no-one has stepped up to the plate with an actual story. So, WTF?

If I got that wrong (sorry I haven't had time to revist the whole post) apologies.

The Lo Cost mob have had their issues perhaps, I don't know. Look about 6 people owed me for around £25,000 for work carried out on their behalf over 5 years ago. I always keep the paperwork intact, everything signed for and accounted for. I'm not a genius, I'm just careful. As soon as I (honestly) told them that I couldn't continue providing a service for them due to health issues, they stopped paying me what they owed. I thought that they were my friends. Ha! Anyway, they are all members of a professional association, but what I didn't do was slag any of them off on their forums. I pursued the matter through the courts and for the princely sum of £480 in total, got most of my money back. That is what I wanted and I got.

It is interesting and I have no idea why, but they all treated different suppliers differently. Perhaps because I am a really nice person they thought they could fuck with me.

Wrong.

Anyway, I got my money and life goes on.

Posting stories 'warning' other people may seem like an altruistic act, and in some cases it is. Other times it's an act of revenge and you know that if you go out for revenge, you should dig 2 graves. One of them will be for yourself.

Anyway, that's the way I feel about it and always have. No point in me going on any further because it only brings it back to the top which is exactly what I am objecting to on this forum.

Great opening ceremony!

Seen this week on totalkitcar.com

SNIPPETS 3…….. Darren George of GTS Tuning sent us an email this week to advise that due to ill health he has decided to put the business up for sale.
The kit projects include Panther and Wyde and the sale includes the moulds, jigs, intellectual property and rights to manufacture. Also included in the sale are the parts business and website domain name, either separately or together…
If you are interested in finding out more details contact Darren via email

John McL.

Ron Earp

Admin
The article is here:

STEVE SAYS – FRIDAY AUGUST 3, 2012

If they build GT40s and members here are involved then information concerning problems with GTS Tuning should be posted on the forum. If folks would have spoken up during the first RF fiasco maybe $500,000 USD (in various currencies) wouldn't have gone down with the company. I have no idea if this situation is similar and I'm not suggesting it is. But as one who has lost significant money on two car related purchases (RF, Kremin Welding) I'm experienced in the matter and know that I could have remained inexperienced if information were made available.

Forums are here to stay and they allow people to access pertinent information about situations as they develop. Even though we're building replicas of 1960s cars here we don't need to stick with 60s technology for informational delivery, i.e., a letter in the post five months after the fact informing you that your money is gone. Forums are duplex communication devices and the accused party may certainly enter the discussion at any time.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a kit from Darren and know of one other person doing the same. So far, Darren has been pretty good in returning emails and providing feedback. The other guy's car (just like mine...a GT40 set up to use the Coyote) is mostly crated (waiting on a few parts I believe) and is supposed to ship within the next week or so with mine following it the week or so after.

I will post in detail both pictures and comments on what everything looked like and the service I received from Darren which, again, so far has been just fine. Things are a little slower than I would have liked, but still faster than just about any other vendor would have been and I did ask for some tweaks here and there so I kind of understand the extra time period.

Again, I will let everyone know in great detail how this works out. Others of late have had very good things to say about GTSForte, and so far I would have to agree with them over all.

As for getting out of the business, it doesn't mention the GT40 side of things he wants to sell off. My guess is due to health issues he may not want to spread himself so thin and instead focus solely on the GT40 as it seems to be his main thrust. This is speculation on my part, but seems to fit everything I have seen and read.

Last edited:
Just a quick update.

I got my kit about a week ago (hurray!).

Although the shipper did have a few issues (which isn't the kit builder's fault), and there were some items that didn't get shipped on schedule (supposed to get another shipment in two weeks), I did get things as advertised (chassis looks great BTW) and the kit builder has been responsive to my questions since delivery. So, it was later than I had hoped for and there were some items that have yet to ship, but I feel I got a good buy for my money and so far, the after the sale service has been pretty good.

I'll update again once the rest of the shipment arrives (some plexiglass and suspension components).

NickD

Supporter
For what its worth,

I too did the usual due diligence prior to beginning my project in January of this year. I visited other suppliers, I read the legacy posts, met the man etc. etc. and drew my own inference's all round.

Pleased to say I have had nothing but a great experience with Gt-Forte to date and things are progressing well, good product, satisfactory and knowledgeable communications whether phone or email and a good build community I'm in regular contact with.

Nick D.

Back