Goodwood Revival 2012

No it's not 1012, this is:

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

I saw the Alan Mann GT40 lightweight replica being sold at the Racing car show at the NEC in Jan/Feb this year. It was a standard Mk1 painted in Alan mann colours with two MKII snorkels on the rear clip. The car at the Revival had the proper modified doors and rear clip and scoops. It was not the same car that Alan Mann commissioned recently.
The MKII that was at the Revival is 1012 one of two cars with that chassis number.
Regards Allan

This is the Alan Man Superformance GT40 at my works prior to delivery to him.

Attachments

• DSCF0435.jpg
    DSCF0435.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF0439.jpg
    DSCF0439.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0111 (2).JPG
    IMG_0111 (2).JPG
    252 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0112 (2).JPG
    IMG_0112 (2).JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 356
Michael, from the factory the left hand side rear wheel visually sat very wrong in relation to the body, reason found was camber and suspension not correctly adjusted, this was corrected before delivery.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you Frank. It is nice that you apply that level of attention to detail in your delivery process.

Frank,

In the pic it looks that the Alan Mann car was fuel injected. Can you confirm? If yes what were your impressions?

TIA
Rich.

A couple of weeks after Goodwood, I stumbled across the MkIII being photographed for an upcoming Octane cover feature. Here is the owner, restorer, journo and photographer.

MkIII GT40

I must admit that I didn't know much about the MkIII cars, so the details such as the hinged front "bonnet" and large luggage compartment in the engine bay were a surprise.

Beautiful car!

Back