Ken's SLC build thread

Alex, I'm a little confused. Could you expound on this please. What exactly were you beating and wiggling in the seat?

I'm excited with this car too, but....

Don't ruin the interior by getting stains on the headliner.:thumbsup:

hardy-har-har :p

Had you not built all those fuel tanks you could have had a pair of Tillets!:stunned:

hardy-har-har-har-har :p

I'm a little puzzled by this. My seats and console fit fine, as did the red car from RCR. And both were/are centered on the column. Both cars have the factory console, one with the factory seats and mine with the same B5s shown above.

Having seen some cars with the console and hearing of others not fitting was my concern. Didn't know if it was something they were doing differently that was the cause or what.

Here is a picture of it just installed. I feel like an idiot for saying it wouldn't fit. My apologies! It actually feels really good sitting next to it. Dam

No worries Ken, I appreciate you double checking and posting a pic here. You don't have to take a pic, but how much room do you have between the seat and the console?

I ended up using the B4 seats instead because of the improved bolstering and the more inclined seating position. The bolstering will make ingress/egress more difficult though, particularly since I do not have the sunken floor pan for the seats which would give more room to maneuver between the seat and steering column. I am 5'9" and 170 for reference and am pretty limber so it won't be an issue for me.

My center console does not fit centered with the dash with the seat centered behind the steering wheel, at least during mock-up attempts. I can offset the console towards the passenger side all the way and it fits and does not look bad or out of place but I have decided not to use it, at least at this stage. Just to be clear, I have only mocked up the positions at this point and that is the conclusion I came to, however, seeing as how the B5 and B4 seats are the same width more or less, I may need to reassess my findings.

Thanks for the input and clarification, Dave. I am just a little bit more scrawny than you at 5'9" and 150# so I am envisioning a pair of these skinny seats too. I may also take a look at the new seats Fran was mentioning a few weeks ago when he finishes them too.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
You can barely stick your fingers between the seat and console. Should be just enough room for the seat belt receiver.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The car is off to have the exhaust and coolant tubes welded up.

Attachments

• 001-3.jpg
    001-3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The fuel tank has been welded up and ready for the stainless steel straps. Then gold foil installed on engine side.

Attachments

• 010_zps33c0e72a.jpg
    010_zps33c0e72a.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 014_zpsd0568793.jpg
    014_zpsd0568793.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 017_zpsb66739ac.jpg
    017_zpsb66739ac.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 002-7.jpg
    002-7.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Will have another look at where the sending unit go's, its bigger, If my memory is correct, Ken was going to use an in-tank fuel pump set up.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The top 2 inches of the tank was cut off. I needed a wider surface for the 6 inch sender flange for the drop in fuel pump module. I'll post a better picture in the next few days to show the module installed and the stainless tank straps.

My fuel tank baffles looked like they were welded by someone that doesn't know anything about welding. They would have failed in no time.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I met with the company that is going to wrap my car during the "World of Wheels" car show this spring. Here is a picture of the look we might go for.

Attachments

• pagani-zonda-f-cinque-at-geneva_zps89e4f5fb.jpg
    pagani-zonda-f-cinque-at-geneva_zps89e4f5fb.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
I met with the company that is going to wrap my car during the "World of Wheels" car show this spring. Here is a picture of the look we might go for.

pagani-zonda-f-cinque-at-geneva_zps89e4f5fb.jpg

I was looking at this too lol. I made some calls to Pagani to buy some parts for mine they laughed at me in a very polite way. So I guess will have to make them lol. When I win the lotto this will be my second purchase first will be the Zonda R.

Similar is the look of the Koenigsegg. I was going to post a photo, but they don't have the one I want able to be grabbed. Check out the configurator they have. Kind of fun to make a $million + car look however you want.

I used it to come up with a color scheme I like for the Apex.

Here you go Ken...not sure this helps you visualize it or not. I was bored and playing around a bit tonight. My skills are super limited, but if you ever want really detailed images of your design concepts done...PM me, and I'll give you the contact info for a real graphics pro I've used before. He's great to work with, and he always has good ideas to help make things "fit"...

image78f.jpg

Similar is the look of the Koenigsegg. I was going to post a photo, but they don't have the one I want able to be grabbed. Check out the configurator they have. Kind of fun to make a $million + car look however you want.

I used it to come up with a color scheme I like for the Apex.

Stick w/ the Pagani; the deposit for a Koenigseggegegegegegeg is about the same as an entire Zonda, lol

knsg3.jpg

Stick w/ the Pagani; the deposit for a Koenigseggegegegegegeg is about the same as an entire Zonda, lol

Well since I'm unlikely to own either...

I like the look of the Agera R and the online configurator is cool to see how you can make it look inside and out.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I cutout the front side fender area for marker lamps as required for street registration here. These are from a Mini Cooper.

Here is the headlight arrangement I'll be installing shortly. The inner lamps are a combination of daytime running lamps and turn signals. The outer lamps are Bi halogen projector headlights (low and high beam in one housing). The smaller lamps not pictured will be the front marker lamps only.

Attachments

• 003-4_zps5b011b90.jpg
    003-4_zps5b011b90.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 007-3_zps15ed12c0.jpg
    007-3_zps15ed12c0.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 004-7_zps1889ad23.jpg
    004-7_zps1889ad23.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Back