Is the right to bear arms outdated.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Paralympic superstar Oscar Pistorius was charged Thursday with the murder of his girlfriend who was shot inside his home in South Africa, a stunning development in the life of a national hero known as the Blade Runner for his high-tech artificial legs.

Reeva Steenkamp, a model who spoke out on Twitter against rape and abuse of women, was shot four times in the predawn hours in the house, in a gated community in the capital, Pretoria, police said.

A South African police spokesman earlier confirmed to NBC News that Pistorius was taken into custody following a complaint by a neighbor of a shooting at his home.

"I'm not going to elaborate on it but there have been incidents (at Pistorius' home)," Beukes said. Police in South Africa do not name suspects in crimes until they have appeared in court but Beukes said that the 26-year-old Pistorius was at his home at the time of the death of Steenkamp and "there is no other suspect involved."

Pistorius owned firearms and posted a photograph of himself at a shooting range in November 2011 to the social media website Twitter, bragging about his score.
"Had a 96% headshot over 300m from 50shots! Bam!" he tweeted.

Police said that earlier reports that Steenkamp may have been mistaken for a burglar by Pistorius did not come from the police. Several local media outlets initially reported that the shooting may have been accidental.

Capacity Relations, a talent management firm, earlier named model Steenkamp as the victim of the shooting. Police spokeswoman Lt. Col. Katlego Mogale told the AP that officers received a call around 3 a.m. after the shooting.

A 9 mm pistol was recovered and a murder case opened against Pistorius.
Pistorius enjoyed target shooting with his pistol and an online advertisement featuring him for Nike read: "I am a bullet in the chamber."

Asked how often he went target shooting, Pistorius replied: "Just sometimes when I can't sleep."

96% HEAD SHOTS...............................................what a man!

He shot her four times, I wonder how many were HEAD SHOTS?

Last edited:

Keith

FFS STFU ALL OF YOU

You talkin' to me? ------ You talkin' to ME? :furious:

I tried to posit that those who supported guns THOUGHT they had a big penis and those that didn't support guns KNEW they didn't have a big penis. So, who are the big dicks now then?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
WTF with guns and genitalia? maybe in a gang or the hood. Sarcasm has been replaced by stupidity. Media is Obama's plaything and yall are sucking it up with a straw. Today I am out of a job, because the market in my area isn't growing and big companies streamline to keep profitable so they keep looking good no matter what. When you see the workplace reduce and people hurting for money, some will do what ever it takes. I don't have to worry, but most people don't have what I have or can do what I can do. Your president is playing all of us against each other so we don't have to worry about the real issues facing us. Guns aren't your problem. Your Government is.

Pat

Supporter
Given how this thread is headed, I guess I should confess this makes my winkie tingle...

Fastest gunman on planet. [VIDEO]

Montana ex-FBI agent and competitive fast draw shooter Bob Munden passed away on December 10th at age 70. Munden’s draw was timed at 2/100th’s of a second and has to be seen to be believed. This (1986) video is a demonstration of Munden’s speed and accuracy both in real-time and slow motion. Unbelievable!

and another. I hadn't realized that he passed in December. Shame. He wasn't too bad with a long gun either.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzCnymSugQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1"]BOB MUNDEN Outrageous Shooting DVD Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I saw a similar Munden 'video' back in 1990 or there abouts and 'have never forgotten it. He was absolutely incredible. (It takes me faaaaar longer than 2/100ths of a second just to remember on which hip I carry my sidearm.)

...and to think he could actually HIT what he was aiming at as well!?!?!?!? Puhleeeze...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
No Jim you are wrong.

There is a lot of misinformation circulating about background checks for gun ownership.
Under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act—which created the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)—all federal firearms licensees are required to conduct a background check for all firearms transactions, even if they sell the firearm at a gun show. This is to make sure that the gun isn’t being sold to a person who is prohibited from purchasing a gun under Section 922(g) or (n) of Title 18 of the United States Code, which would include convicted felons, people who have been adjudicated to be severely mentally ill, and people who have been convicted of a domestic violence offense.

Background Checks: The Myth of the Gun Show Loophole

Regarding gun registration and background checks...a little history lesson:

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

We all know what followed.

What fun would that be Larry?

My point has nothing to do with choosing, or not choosing to view it. More to do with, what's the bloody point!? It's not like anyone is adding anything new here, now is it?

Back