Ken Roberts

Supporter
and another....

Attachments

• 005-2_zps3540aec4.jpg
    005-2_zps3540aec4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Ken. Amazing car and thank you for confirming my color choice as White. I go back and forth on different colors, white, red, green and white keeps on coming out on top and this makes it that much better. Looks really good.

Do you still plan on putting on the headlight covers?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Yes Troy the headlight covers are still a planned addition. I will remove the headlight covers and side windows during registration process as they are not DOT/SAE compliant.

That looks really good!

I was reading the thread backwards and was thinking that looks too good to be a wrap, haha

That really looks great!

Do you have interior pics, or isn't that finished yet?

Thanks for the motivation- I was in the shop all day today working on my car. From the looks of things, you are much faster than I will ever be!

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm into the color big time Ken. You mention it's a pearl Cadillac color...would that be the famous Cadillac White Diamond?

Looks great man. Congrats!

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I'm not sure of the technical name for the Caddy pearl colour but I can find out for you.

The interior hasn't been started yet. Next will be the wiring, then bumper design and finally the interior layout and the custom dash to house the C6 Corvette instrument cluster and HUD.

The car show just ended and the car also won the "master builder" award. I'm a little bit shocked at that as it's only 60% complete.

My goal is to be able to start it this summer without the interior being finished. The "money well" is drying up fast for this year unfortunately.

Thanks again for all the compliments!

That looks fantastic Ken! I flipped a coin to choose between a Kandy Red color and a Pearl white. I can see I would have been happy with either. I love it.

Do you have any pictures with the rear clam showing your exhaust exit?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
That looks fantastic Ken! I flipped a coin to choose between a Kandy Red color and a Pearl white. I can see I would have been happy with either. I love it.

Do you have any pictures with the rear clam showing your exhaust exit?

The car will be coming home late tonight or tomorrow. They are having trouble getting the Batmobile display loaded tonight....lol

I'll post some pictures of the exhaust from the rear. Also the rear window I added actually works quite well too.

The Lamborghini Balloon white is the colour I really wanted to use but the cost of the paint is steep. It's very unique and gets rave reviews and is a satin finish.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Here's a picture of the rear. I used a Ford Taurus Wagon third brake light up high on the spider. 1/4" rivet nuts hold the license plate on. You can see the Austin/BMW Mini side marker lamps installed for registration approval. The mufflers were able to be installed with the tips poking through on each side of the license plate. Don't attempt to use 6" mufflers. They will not work if using the street tail. The slots cut in the black panel will be for the external bumper that will be installed. It will look similar to the Ford GT bumper.

Attachments

• 010_zps6845222a.jpg
    010_zps6845222a.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I like the look of the Katech coil brackets. The brackets have been shortened so they don't stick up as much and riveted to the smoothed stock valve covers.

Attachments

• 015_zps4be439f7.jpg
    015_zps4be439f7.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The rear window does give you a bit of a view from behind. The mirror will need to be mounted low however. It will be mounted on the dash. I'm in the process of coming up with a cool way to mount the license plate lamps that are also small and DOT/SAE approved.

Attachments

• 013_zps01a6f614.jpg
    013_zps01a6f614.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I think I've been given the wrong rear window. This one looks like it's shaped for the race tail or am I required to cut it to fit?

Attachments

• 001-5_zps4eccbc0f.jpg
    001-5_zps4eccbc0f.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Back