Grant's SL-C Build tread

Hey grant, how tall are you (coming from a 6'7" guy this thread is very appropriate!)
Mark I am short only 6' 1", Leg room should not be an issue for you the tub is quite deep in the leg and foot dept, its the seats that have been the problem they were all to narrow, I am longer in the body and very wide in the shoulders. I would have been laying down with my chin on my chest to get my head in under the roof with any type of store bought seats so I had to make my own. now Im seating like you would in a kayak with a back rest it is very comfortable but I am seating right on the floor with 1" of foam under me. If you are a thinner person Frans new seats should do the trick you just have to mount them as low as possible and with what Fran had mentioned above you may want to go with the extended tall guy option just to be sure.
Cheers,

Here are some pic's of the cold air box I've been working on, its not done yet but it will give you an idea of how its going to work. This set up should work with any car with a street tail as it uses the two back air scoops to ram air in to the lower box mounted under the rear clam. The two setrab oil coolers are now rubber mounted using my original bracket design but I had to come up with two more mounts to keep them horizontal. So I tied them into the new air box mounts as you will see in the pic's.
Also shown in the pic's is a upper Fiberglass panel that I worked out to be glass in to the underside of the rear clam that will seal to the lower box when closed. I will be splitting the air scoops in half on each side not yet done or shown to allow the upper panel to direct air down over the oil coolers and out the back as well.
Hope this all make sense lol.

Attachments

• _MG_6298.jpg
    _MG_6298.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 937
  • _MG_6303.jpg
    _MG_6303.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 853
  • _MG_6300.jpg
    _MG_6300.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 892
  • _MG_6304.jpg
    _MG_6304.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 829
  • _MG_6263.jpg
    _MG_6263.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 811
LOL OK Ken recently split with the old lady of 13 yrs so that kick the crap out of my bank account as well as everything else. I have my house tore to shreds doing some much needed renos as I don't have to worry about having to do things the way she wanted them anymore LOL so thats where my last 3 months went. I have been doing a little tinkering on the car, I have my interior pretty much built and should look pretty good it was a ton of work over 150 hrs of fiberglassing, seats fit me like a glove. Built some speaker boxes for the side foot wells that look very much like something Pagani would have done, machined my own custom speaker grills they match my rims, design and laser cut a custom hood badge and ordered my Dash commander from Troy. Been sitting back reading everyones threads and blogs Learning from their trials. I have changed the color of how I was going to finish the car four times now lol and have finally decided and have picked the colors should be a real head turner. I'll post a few pic'd here soon I just have to finish putting my Bathroom back together lol.

Heres some pic's the Hood badge still needs to be set in the clear resin, The speaker boxes are just about done just need to paint them. The interior needs the bottom's glassed in and they will be done. I have made adjustable head rest for them just haven't glassed the adjusters into them yet. The filler pic's on both side of the seat will house most of my electronic's fuss boxes, stereo amps, Etc.... the speaker grills I still need to curve them slightly and them weld them to the outter rings.

Attachments

• _MG_6316.jpg
    _MG_6316.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 658
  • _MG_6317.jpg
    _MG_6317.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 709
  • _MG_6322.jpg
    _MG_6322.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 648
  • _MG_6318.jpg
    _MG_6318.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 772
  • _MG_6319.jpg
    _MG_6319.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 715
  • _MG_6320.jpg
    _MG_6320.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 742
  • _MG_6315.jpg
    _MG_6315.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 747
Here what they look like finished I will install the speakers when I do the final install so they stay in one piece : )

Attachments

• _MG_6498.jpg
    _MG_6498.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 667
  • _MG_6499.jpg
    _MG_6499.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 678
  • _MG_6501.jpg
    _MG_6501.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 633
  • _MG_6504.jpg
    _MG_6504.jpg