Superlite Apex Photoshop Thread

Here is a set of Z06 spyder style wheels.

Z06 spyder style wheels:
uc

Here is a set of Z06 spyder style wheels.

Z06 spyder style wheels:
uc
These are my favorite wheels on the SLC. They don't look nearly as good on the Apex IMO.
Thanks for the 'shop! This is saving me a bunch of money by helping me visualize them before pulling the trigger and potentially regretting it. Some wheels that I thought I'd like don't look nearly as good as I thought.

Which wheels are pictured above? Z06?

What about the most recent one you posted? Forgetar CF10s?

Matt,

Those ones are similar to the Z06 wheels, but these are more concave. These are DPE sc5 wheels and here is the photo I used.

The latest wheels I photoshopped are ADV.1 which are normally over-priced, but look nice. There are many better and cheaper options such as BBS, Volk, RAC, etc.

Here is the stock photo:

Mr. Wolfe

These are my favorite wheels on the SLC. They don't look nearly as good on the Apex IMO.
Thanks for the 'shop! This is saving me a bunch of money by helping me visualize them before pulling the trigger and potentially regretting it. Some wheels that I thought I'd like don't look nearly as good as I thought.

I also agree that those look 10x better on the SL-C.

attachment.php

Mr. Wolfe

I really don't know haha. That's why I keep doing these photoshops. The BBS CH's would be too heavy for this car as they are like 28 lbs./piece. I want something on the light side and I am sure I will change my mind dozens of times. It's just fun to start building that car in your head, you know? Do you have a favorite so far?

Also, something else to note, most of my photoshops are using pretty concave wheels. There is a good chance the Apex's offsets will not allow a wheel that is that deep, but I may extend my rear fenders ever so slightly.

I am not sure when the Apex will be offered, but I am really hoping to have one in my garage right around this time next year. I hope they will be available by then.

Mr. Wolfe

I want something on the light side and I am sure I will change my mind dozens of times. It's just fun to start building that car in your head, you know? Do you have a favorite so far?
Honestly, not sure yet. I can definitely relate to you building the car in your head, especially with regards to the interior.
I have a few wheels I'm tossing around. So far, I'm thinking either painting the car white or bright orange. If I went with a pearl white, I'm thinking I'd go with z06 wheels powdercoated in a shade of grey. Similar scheme to Ken's gorgeous build...
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/slc-clubhouse/38446-kens-slc-build-thread-11.html

If I went with a bright orange, I'm thinking of CF5s in matte black but not sure yet.

The z06 wheels are a little heavy and the cf5s are very light.

Last edited:
Speaking of a white M3...I'm planning for Alpine white for my build. Similarly maybe wrapping the roof in black or carbon. Not sure how the lines will work yet though.

Probably will be running the gunmetal forgestar F14's. but love looking at the options!!

Last edited:
Matt,

Here are the 2 chops you wanted to see. The colors are not perfect and the rear wheels are a little less concave than they should be. If you find the exact wheels you want at a more correct angle, I could make it look better. Regardless, this should give you a glimpse of how it will look. I think the Z06 wheels will look very nice on this car.

Mr. Wolfe

Matt,

Here are the 2 chops you wanted to see. The colors are not perfect and the rear wheels are a little less concave than they should be. If you find the exact wheels you want at a more correct angle, I could make it look better. Regardless, this should give you a glimpse of how it will look. I think the Z06 wheels will look very nice on this car.

Mr. Wolfe
Amazing! I think I just found my wheel and paint choices... until I next change my mind.

Thanks so much Greg!

i think the z06 wheels are a home run, they look absolutely perfect on there, true DD perspective. Wonder what the 09 spyders would look like?

z06%20spyder%20sig.jpg

Back