Door locks for Superformance

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Looking for interest....I can do a pair of door locks with all installation parts that closely duplicate the FAV installed locks. These would have the teardrop shaped lock cover that lifts for access to the keyhole. The kit will include a reinforcement that goes inside the door and strengthens the outer door handle pivot and well as the door latch. The lock mounts above the rear of the outer door handle just as the FAV street coupes did.

The kit will include all parts required and can be upgraded to a keyless remote lock/unlock system if desired. A template for the hole required will be included as well as all hardware needed.

I am prototyping the setup with an SPF door currently and will post progress. I anticipate a kit price of around $300 and want to see what interest there is before I commit to the manufacture of the parts.

Rick

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I'd be in for a set.

OK,

I have you marked down.

I am not gonna do these if there is no interest. While we have had several inquiries for locks I am not going down the the "if you build them, they will come" path again as we have some other parts........thay NEVER did come!

It will take at least five sets to make the setup worthwhile and that won't even cover the initial expenses, but I am willing to wait to totally recover the costs.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Still working on them. My machinist has not gotten some parts done yet but we will finish.

Looking at two setups and need input: One version will be just old fashioned key operated door locks. You insert the key and turn to unlock and then either reach over and unlock the other door from the inside or use the key. Setup two will have a remote key fob that will allow global unlocking or locking without the use of the key although the key will still operate the locks.

Which setup would anyone be interested in? Manual kit will be in the $300-350 range and the remote setup will run about $200 more. Looking for input.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
I'm in for the manual locks, but would be interested in learning the ultimate price for the FOBsters. Robert

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Will be back on this project after the new year. Actually been really busy with sales recently, sold two GTs last week alone!

The brotherhood is growing.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Will be back on this project after the new year. Actually been really busy with sales recently, sold two GTs last week alone!

The brotherhood is growing.

The seeds you planted (patience, hard work, and numerous worthy efforts) are maturing into a long overdue, well deserved reward. Congratulations, and I hope the trend continues for all our sakes. Robert

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The seeds you planted (patience, hard work, and numerous worthy efforts) are maturing into a long overdue, well deserved reward. Congratulations, and I hope the trend continues for all our sakes. Robert

Yeah.

My wife wants to know why the local supermarket will not take "rewards" and "good wishes" when she check out!?!?! ;)

As the Beatles said "Got to admit it's getting better"

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
BTW, we are looking for a capable machione shop that will do small volume at a reasonable price (yeah, I know and we are looking for unicorns also!) as our local shop we have used has been sold with the owners retirement and the new operators do not want to bother with small runs. We need the "barrel" that holds the lock cylinder in the door and retains the actuating link. It is lathe and mill work in aluminum. Perhaps a forum member is in the business?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Well DUH!!! I had a brain fart!

I will send you the cartoons I have drawn (it has been a LONG time since my technical drawing training and now days I don't think anyone works from paper anymore) and you can laugh!

I will forward to you soon.

thanks!

Rick

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I had no idea you could speak Italian. Pretty impressive paesano!

Bene! Molto bene!

Actually I DO capisce un po Italiano. My maternal family comes from Pescasseroli in Abruzzo. I just visited in September and found my only remaining relative, my grandfathers nephew.

I would be up for locks also. Is there a list of parts & accessory suppliers for the SPF GT 40.
Recently purchased SP2127 and need front & rear body struts,door seals, brake and clutch master cylinder kits,Avons etc.
I understand you have some parts also? (know only about Hillbank and Dennis Olthoff)
Thanks, newbee..
R.Carr

Back