GT40 50TH Reunion!

Will you attend a GT40 50th gathering?

• Just try to keep me and my car away!

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I will be there and most likely with my car.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I will be there, but the 40 will not.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I hope to be able to attend.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I know I can't make it......have a beer for me.

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Meh!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Could it be the one to ship some UK cars across to and join in the fun?

Does someone in New York state have space for a couple of containers to be Parked for a week, unloaded, cars driven and loaded back in for the trip home?

If so I will have to see what can be organised freight wise!

Ian

As a matter of fact, yes. I have space for containers and cars! My shop is about exactly 100 miles from Watkins and all are welcome. Most likely the containers will not stay as they charge extra for that (demurage). What would work best is the container arrives, we unload it (do this all time with our Superformance cars coming in) and stash the cars in the building for collection when you arrive. Reverse the process after the event.

Last edited:
"While RA is more central the logistics do not work as well. As this would be in conjunction with an SVRA event we are limited to the previously scheduled vintage events. the Shelby Club (SAAC) is holding their national convention at the June RA event so all of the possible track time is taken as well the prime parking, etc. Also two companion events will overtax the RA staff and dilute the event."

Rick SAAC 39 at Road America will be in May 15 with SVRA

"We see an "all inclusive" event. All GTs are welcome; FAV, Gelscoe, Superformance, etc. And yes, replicas and even the 2005-2006 Ford GT will be included. We would have a dedicated parking area and as much on track time as possible."

Superformance is a replica with a Safir GT40 Spares royalty payment (Based in Ohio). Safir GT40 Spares purchased the GT40 trademark which Ford failed to register during and after the Ford GT project.

You should see a large number of ERA at the Glen in Sept. We have plans to take J-10 to RA in May and hopefully to the Glen

When you enter this amazing track and town for that matter, you get goosebumps or goose flesh for the uk folks. All the history and things great and tragic are palpable. Like if you've ever attended the old Yankee stadium or a better example walking into Indianapolis motor speedway. That's what makes the Glen special for me. I'm sure Dennis could weigh in on this aspect...

I hope this get together happens for sure!

It would be an epic trip. Might make it but without the car.

Ian what does it cost to ship a car in a container. I've given some thought of shipping my car over and spending a summer going to all the big events. If we could get a few cars and maybe a few places to stay along the way that would be the epic road trip of a lifetime.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
"While RA is more central the logistics do not work as well. As this would be in conjunction with an SVRA event we are limited to the previously scheduled vintage events. the Shelby Club (SAAC) is holding their national convention at the June RA event so all of the possible track time is taken as well the prime parking, etc. Also two companion events will overtax the RA staff and dilute the event."

Rick SAAC 39 at Road America will be in May 15 with SVRA

"We see an "all inclusive" event. All GTs are welcome; FAV, Gelscoe, Superformance, etc. And yes, replicas and even the 2005-2006 Ford GT will be included. We would have a dedicated parking area and as much on track time as possible."

Superformance is a replica with a Safir GT40 Spares royalty payment (Based in Ohio). Safir GT40 Spares purchased the GT40 trademark which Ford failed to register during and after the Ford GT project.

You should see a large number of ERA at the Glen in Sept. We have plans to take J-10 to RA in May and hopefully to the Glen

Jose,

Any MK I, MK II, MK III or MK IV that was not built at FAV, JWA or Kar Kraft in the sixties is a "Replica" No dis to ERA or ANY other 40 intended!. All are welcome. In fact I spent a fine day last year driving Peters old MK II roadster around Pittsburgh!

Look forward to seeing you and everyone else at the Glen!

And I look forward to seeing you 25 years on!

I have a wedding to attend on the 6th, but its a racing friend, so they would understand.

The critical question for me is track time.

The Glenn is the most fun track I have driven on. Its got fast corners slow corners everthing in between, plus lots of elevation changes and a few great straights.
We usualy stay at Seneca lodge where the Grand prix drivers used to stay, rooms are $89 per nigt so its not exactly high end but the rooms are clean, the resteraunt and bar are great.

Maybe by then My car will be racing there anyways, but either way if i take the car its to run on track.

Dennis reckons it should be done somewhere around mid to late June. There is a SCDA event there in Mid July and I hope to have the Gt40 there then, but want to get in 4 or 5 track days before, otherwise its the lotus.

So yeah if there is significant track time count me in, or if I get to the point of racing I will be there anyways.

Hi Rick Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, I will be there. Hopefully I can find a driver for the Cobra also ( need something to bring the tent and chairs ). Wally

This is one of the tracks that I have always wanted to drive, on any condition. I will look to see if I can locate the name tag from RA. Its around here someplace. Looking forward to the trip. That is half the fun of it. Just getting there. Mine is contingent that my wife feels like making the trip. She enjoys the trips so she should be up to it. Now to clear my schedule.

Bill

Sounds great but it looks like there will be a need to book rooms/lodging in advance.way in advance, to insure all can attend in relative close proximity, that is no extended drives from hotel to track.

Glad to hear this will be happening.
I was wondering if there was to be a 50th reunion.
What day will the gathering of the GT40s be on?
Regards.
Mark

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I talked at length with Richard from Idaho yesterday, he agreed this is a must do, we are trying to work out logistics but for now count both of us in. Of course getting his car there might be another issue.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I talked at length with Richard from Idaho yesterday, he agreed this is a must do, we are trying to work out logistics but for now count both of us in. Of course getting his car there might be another issue.

We may a couple of enclosed transports coming from the left coast with space for GTs. Details will follow.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Working on getting photos and videos from the 25th at Watkins posted. These will give you some idea of the scope of such an event.

The 1989 reunion was beyond special....it was a "moment in time" that is hard to describe. Even my non-car person wife still talks about what a good time it was and how many people were just having "too much fun!"

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I hope that many of our west coast buddies make it, there are some great gearheads out west.

I read your caption at the bottom of your posts a thousand times Rick, I bet you are in Heaven. :)

Back