Anyone out there still riding motorbikes.

My BMW MegaMoto.

Set1156.jpg

Set1124.jpg

These pics below are from the PCH ride I did last year.
IMG_1330_zps96a2aa27.jpg

IMG_1357_zps83b0d895.jpg

IMG_1428_zps58258a5e.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep. Latest bike for the last couple of years has been a Buell Ulysses. Great machine, one of the best bikes I've owned. Shame HD killed Buell. Wouldn't want to build a modern motorcycle now would we?

411821_4152120451041_299603867_o.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
X2 on HD killing off Buell....

Nice looking scooter Ron! :thumbsup:

Cool ride Justin, of course you have to be like, 7 feet tall to touch the ground on one :)

Ron, Hardly has an unwritten rule - no technology that was born after the average born on date of the target market. :p:

Buells are neat machines.

It all started with a Honda 450 Scrambler I rode in flight school in L.A.
Next was a HD, my first and last HD, never again
A Yamaha YZ400 in full GP fairing (still have it)
I had several air and oil cooled BMWs.
Currently have 97-R1100RT, 94-R1100RS, 99-K1200RS, and 03-K1200LTE.
I live 4 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 70 miles from 'The Tail of The Dragon'. I stay off both of those while on two wheels....Too many Boy racers and tourist not driving their cars. I've driven on day trips in the Smokies and Rocky Mtn Park. Nice rides. Only problem is when the wife falls asleep.

Charlie M

Supporter
I've owned this 72 Harley Sportster for over 25 years. Still ride it occasionally.

Charlie

Attachments

• Sportster.jpg
    Sportster.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 358
The rain has stopped and it looks like bike weather so its out with the Harley and blow the dust off.

And see if i can extend the mileage :laugh: Pathetic 853 miles since 1996. Its still under warranty :)

Bob

Looks like the suns going to be out for a good few weeks , went to start the bike and the battery is f@cked. Typical. Is there a better brand/type of battery than can poke up with being left in a less than full charge state ?

Bob

Glenn M

Supporter
Better than what?

It's been my experience that most need to be kept plugged in to a monitor/charger if you're going to leave them a long time.

Glenn

Been riding since age 7. Sometimes I give it up, but then the call and desire comes back. For some reason through various other bikes I kept my 1986 Yamaha Radian, it always just semmed to ride so nice, and was the first new mavhine I ever bought. It spent about 14 years in storage from 94 the day before I got married to 2008ish when a freind helped me redo it after I spent years collecting all the necessary bits.. Worst part was cleaning the gas tank internal rust and coarting it, brakes took a while to sort and had to redo the carbs twice. Then a few rides and I got the bug again.

Fast forward to 2010 and another friend suggested that Harleys are slow and therfore safe. Saw a sportster 48 loved the look, changed it to mid munt controls(how can you ride properly feet forward) a power commander intake and proper tuned exhaust(not too loud either) and now there is far more power than brakes or chassis. Its fun to ride in an modern antique crude sort of way.

Better than what?

It's been my experience that most need to be kept plugged in to a monitor/charger if you're going to leave them a long time.

Glenn

Well I had it checked out and that one on the bike which is just out of its warranty at 13 moths old is knackered. I ordered a new on which was north of £100 so I will have to consider a trickle charger , I just have this dread of anything plugged in left unattended.

Bob

Keith

Well I had it checked out and that one on the bike which is just out of its warranty at 13 moths old is knackered. I ordered a new on which was north of £100 so I will have to consider a trickle charger , I just have this dread of anything plugged in left unattended.

Bob

Better get used to it. The last thing you want is a "trickle charger," you want a charger/conditioner. Battery manufacturers have changed their reco several times but the conventional wisdom now is - if you want your battery to last - leave it plugged in to a conditioner.

Otherwise use the bugger!

Ed McClements

Supporter
Hi,

New guy here, about to go over to general chat and post an intro, but felt I had to reply here first. I still have a few bikes:-

The "new" one....a 1999 R1. Rebuilt from a lightly-dropped bike off eBay.

11050317046_1236bfa787_c.jpg

The "old" one...my 1968 Triumph TR6R/C hybrid. Resurrected from a few boxes of rusty bits into a real head-turner (I think)

9140684701_904a6f2680_o.jpg

via

9142910624_081ba8928e_c.jpg

into

9801396415_59da227a9a_c.jpg

The "dirty" one. Now sold, but I have another 1976 bike (this time a TT, not an XT) to rebuild

9143058644_4e4dc95f25_c.jpg

And finally, the "keeper". Bought new in 1996 and owned ever since. My Ducati 916 undergoing a full rebuild

14203809248_0f0276890f_c.jpg

Need to slim down the collection, I think...or there won't be room to build a GT40!

And hello from Lancashire.

Eddy

Back