GT40 50TH Reunion!

Will you attend a GT40 50th gathering?

• Just try to keep me and my car away!

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I will be there and most likely with my car.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I will be there, but the 40 will not.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I hope to be able to attend.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I know I can't make it......have a beer for me.

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Meh!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Can count me in for 15 at the Glenn. I would like to TRY and make it across the pond for 16. Maybe share a container or how ever they do it. If we make the Glenn the event, I can start lining up accommodations outside of the hotel. They have everything that would be needed for 2 to 20. All on the lake, with docks, outdoor grills, and hot tubs. If we do it early enough we should be able to negotiate off season rates on the cost.The date should be right on the cusp for the rates.

Bill

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Count me in for wherever it is the place to be for GT40 enthusiasts. Le Mans would be over the top and if something huge is in the works I would probably do whatever it took to be there. Life is short and this may be a once in a lifetime event if it comes together. Driving my GT40 down the Mulsanne straight would be epic! I'm not putting any silencers on it either lol!

Hey I do not want to hijack Rick's thread but if there is serious interest in bringing cars in from USA I can start digging into the full logistics and requirements to be able to drive them in the UK and across to France.
Perhaps a return trip with a Spa track day and Nurburgring? Perhaps ending up with a Brands Hatch track day or perhaps Silverstone?

It has to be serious interest as it will involve 100's of hours of time to get all the logistics together.

Ian
I realize that there are a lot of "ifs" here...but "if" there were an anniversary event that included track time..I would seriously be interested in attending with my car. Visits to SPA and the Ring would be huge pluses.

Because I have to plan my schedule way in advance, early notice of any suggestion that something is in the works would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Just like to put my Texas two cents in...The SVRA Vintage Nationals will be an annual event at the Circuit of the Americas here in Austin. The event had 500 plus cars at the inaugural event last year, and it was well attended by race fans and vintage car enthusiasts from around the country.

2014 US Vintage National Championship | SVRA

We also have the new IMSA/Tudor United Sports Car Championship race hosted here. Are you ready for this...It's called "the Lone Star LeMans". A passel of GT40s would also make this event a very special attraction for the promoters and fans.

IMSA | TUDOR United SportsCar Championship | Lone Star Le Mans

It's an amazing driving experience to lap this track. It is obviously a very safe venue with large run-offs, and well-suited for high horsepower "long-legged" GT cars.

Back